• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Has anyone heard anything on SA31 yet? I’ve been listening to the scanner for 2 hours and have heard absolutely nothing...
  by Bracdude181

Finally! I’m hearing SA31 call in. But it’s very garbled.
  by Bracdude181

Permission to open up 4:55 PM
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:55 pm Permission to open up 4:55 PM
That’s late.
  by Bracdude181

Did anyone hear a Lined and Locked normal call? Would’ve checked myself but phone had issues and I had to drive.

Rails are rusty here at Maxwell Rd so I know they haven’t made it this far...
  by Bracdude181

Train went through Maxwell Road a few minutes ago. 4405 leading, 6228 trailing, looks like about 15 or 17 cars. One X tech maybe, and the rest are for Woodhaven
  by Bracdude181

Car count correction:

17 cars. 1 for Extech, At least 14 for Woodhaven. The two Gypsum Board cars at the back might be for Marjam. Will find out on the return run.
  by CR7876

If the boxcars initials are LRS it's an Extech. If not, its a Woodhaven.
  by Bracdude181

It’s an LRS. They are working Extech.
  by Bracdude181

Through Extech 8:40 PM.

That’s enough for me. See you guys whenever they go back. Probably Sunday?
  by ChooChooCharlie

Train crossed Maxim Rd at exactly 10:00 pm. We were first car in line. Engineer tooted & waved. He was looking for all you other guys. Where were youse??
  by Bracdude181

I left cause I had to get some sleep for the C&D Toys For Tots train. Saw that train today. It was....interesting....
  by trainfann101

SA-93 north in Shrewsbury about 15 minutes ago for Browns
  by ChooChooCharlie

I heard it early afternoon today. I couldn’t make it down but whistle was loud & clear.
  by JohnFromJersey

Unusual run for the train today, usually they go back Sundays, not Saturdays. I saw it pass through town shortly before 4pm today while working.
Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:39 pm I left cause I had to get some sleep for the C&D Toys For Tots train. Saw that train today. It was....interesting....
Hm, tell us more about that?