Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1586204  by Bracdude181

@JohnFromJersey Nice train pulled by rotten engines on worn infrastructure, but other than that it was kinda neat. Donated a toy to them as well when they stopped in Dover.

Got an incredible shot of them going through Netcong station at track speed with leaves being kicked up by the wind, but the flat spots on the engines caused the entire station area to shake!
 #1586396  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote:There are currently two Conrail employees inspecting the Union Ave crossing in Lakehurst...
Around 1 o'clock I saw J.F Kelly contractors near the crossing, and by the parking lot where the old water plug was located. There are mark outs all over the street by the crossing, so maybe they were marking out Conrail utility's in the area. Either way NJCL did the crossing work and its now been at least a year and the crossing lights haven't been reinstalled yet.
 #1586397  by CharlieL

Did you mean Kiely? Kiely has been pulling a LOT of new gas lines in Monmouth and Ocean county especially in the last year. Wouldn't surprise me to see Manchester getting some.
 #1586489  by GSC

Any news on SA31 for today? Is has it become a Friday schedule now?
 #1586501  by Bracdude181

Woodhaven‘s train is still in Browns and there’s no engines in the yard either, so they probably went to Freehold or Hightstown or Dayton or something.

I don’t understand why the schedule for this train keeps changing all the time.
 #1586564  by planespotting

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:47 pm Yup. The train is in Hightstown and will go to Freehold tonight.

They’ll probably go down the Southern tomorrow
What do you mean by Hightstown? Hightstown track is severed. I don't even think trains run to Cranbury anymore. Do you mean the "Hightstown Industrial Track" near Jamesburg? Thanks in advance.