Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1585810  by Bracdude181

Hang on a minute.

My friend went past the road earlier today and they were already cutting the old rails to get the new ones to fit. Police were there blocking the road too...
 #1585919  by Bracdude181

My friend went back to see what was going on. Squankum Rd indeed has not been fixed yet. Very unusual for them to start working then suddenly stop...
 #1586027  by GSC

Any news on SA31 for today?
 #1586043  by jdh823

Maybe the cars were more needed for dayton. They only ran once last week down due to Thanksgiving. 15 cars isn't all that bad of a size.
 #1586069  by Tanker1497

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:11 pm Who knows anymore. Maybe Conrail forgot how to schedule trains! Lol.
"Hang on a minute.

"My friend went past the road earlier today and they were already cutting the old rails to get the new ones to fit. Police were there blocking the road too..."

Maybe they read your post about the rails beeing cut at Squankum Rd and thought the track was OOS!
 #1586082  by Bracdude181

I went over there last night and didn’t see any rails that were cut at all. All the equipment and signs saying when they would fix the road were gone too. The only thing that was sitting there was the pre-cut concrete panels that they were going to use for the new road surface.