Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1584112  by GSC

@OCtrainguy:

Nice pics. Looks like some big trains again. Last week, all of six cars I think.

I know it's a little early. Any news on a Thursday run today? Going to grab a look before we lose light with the time change Sunday.
 #1584116  by Bracdude181

@GSC provided the train runs and doesn’t get held up today your best bet of seeing it in daylight is gonna be to see it before it reaches Farmingdale. Should get into Red Bank around 4:45 ish, maybe a little later. Should be near Collingswood Auction a little over an hour after that.
 #1584135  by Bracdude181

The Church Running Track had a whole bunch of new tie plates put in between the road crossing and the switch for the Coast Line main. The type of plate used is different from the one that was there before. These plates are screwed into the tie and are connected to the rail with a hook. There’s also orange construction markings everywhere.

Edit: Nevermind. Was able to take a picture. Will upload it later.

The track from CP William to the road crossing hasn’t been touched as far as I can tell. Would take pictures but my phone is having memory problems.
 #1584138  by Bracdude181

Lined and Locked normal 3:30 PM

CSX 4405 leading
CSX 4451 trailing
18 cars. Boxcar at the head end might be for Extech. If so, then 17 for Woodhaven by the looks of it.