Railroad Forums 

• AYMO / MOAY / 22K / 23K (Ayer-Mohawk trains)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#760572  by jaymac

Thanks for all the solid work! The location leapfrogging plus setting up and breaking down must have been challenging. The rock-n-roll through Charlemont was a bit surprising.
 #762454  by gprimr1

Great video. You did the one thing I've never been able to do, catch a train leaving the tunnel.
 #776456  by jaymac

Got a UPS surface delivery from the midwest on Wednesday, and the tracking info showed its first New England UPS scan in Tewksbury before going to UPS Shrewsbury for local delivery. Does Big Brown either have a ramp at the new auto yard or does it offload at Hill Yard?
 #786243  by jaymac

AYMO. with NSs 9578 and 2547, was on the move at Ayer at 1257 with 32 autoracks and 51 tables and wells. A touch of color was in the power, courtesy of yellow starting to break through the B&W of 2547. One of the racks was a P&W, still dazzingly white, and the pigs on the tail were bare. Because of a false stop east of Shirley for a late MBCR, AYMO was through the 40.2 talker at 19 mph with 272 axles at around 1320.
 #786315  by atsf sp

Why when coming eastbound into ED does AYMO usually drop the train across the bridge and run the enignes into the yard? I saw it the other day and I have also seen videos of this manuveur. I have only seen it done with NS power though.
 #786371  by bmmrlbnsfengr

MOAY comes eastbound , and when they have to go to the house they will drop their train west of the bridge .I believe that they go to the house daily .
 #786709  by Stephen

bmmrlbnsfengr said:
I believe that they go to the house daily .
Do they go to the house for their 1,000 mile check?

Thank you,
Stephen
 #786713  by bmmrlbnsfengr

The locomotives recieve daily FRA required inspections. The 1000 mile inspection refers to trains and their safety appliances and brakes , wheels etc.
 #786716  by Stephen

bmmrlbnsfengr said:
The locomotives recieve daily FRA required inspections. The 1000 mile inspection refers to trains and their safety appliances and brakes , wheels etc.
Ah, thanks, I had the two confused.
Stephen
 #808604  by jaymac

It had been some time since I spent some time waiting for the westbound Pride of PAS, so today was the day. The D-3 clearance-route Line 13 was made effective at 1345 (D-4 would come later), and NSs 9413 and 7551 plus 12 racks -- including 2 PWs -- and 100 mostly occupied tables and wells were past the 40.2 talker at just about 1415 at an announced 34 mph with 312 axles, 7000+ feet, and 3600+ tons. There was a fair number of Five-Packs in the mix for the axle-count-v.-table-and-well-count discrepancy.
For those with an interest, FI-1 with 313 plus two had gone west earlier, clearing the 40.1 talker at 1342.