Railroad Forums 

• Advice Needed: Possible Move to the Red Bank NJ Area

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#120433  by njtmnrrbuff

If you would like to see solid consists, many of the diesels on the NWK are solid. On the electric sets, you will see a melting pot of equipment in one set. Once you are not new to this area, it doesnt look right.

#120643  by BigDell

Keansberg isn't the "nicest" spot on the Jersey shore ... Some of my relatives used to own a bungalow there back in the 50's through 70's, so I know the area VERY well. Its better than it used to be.
Anyway, Red Bank is Grrrrrrrreat. Love that town. Great for railfanning, boating, eating, antiquing, life in general.
BigDell

#120683  by BlockLine_4111

Red Bank locale has some of these Jimmy Buffet types (aka parrot people), some of the S&D 30-40 something crowd too. I have bumped into a few here, there. Not the rogue & rowdy crowd that you find now a days in Belmar-Point Pleasant- SSH.

This thread is making me want some sun, surf, and good pizza (for starters).

#120733  by JLo

Pizza! How about at Jenkinson's at about 2 a.m.? Not the greatest but it hits the spot.

#120737  by Diamond_D

anyone here go to the Windmill in Long Branch (or the others)? Greatest hot dogs and cheese fries in the universe... I'm dying for one right now actually...

#120752  by JLo

No way! Max's right down the street has the best hot dogs.

#120825  by Jtgshu

No the hotdog truck at the Shrewsbury Ave Xing in Red Bank has the best hot dogs - Max's and the Windmill are too overpriced!!!!

Hot dogs adn trains, what could be better? hahaah

#120831  by njtmnrrbuff

the jenkinson's boardwalk in Point Pleasant is great. I like it a lot. There are many restaurants as well as arcades. In fact, the walk is a joke from the station. I will probaly be there this summer, maybe even in a few weeks.

#121095  by BlockLine_4111

I tend to avoid Point Pleasant because customer service at many of the establishments (e.g. Martells, restuarants) is literally poor to none.

Avon and Spring Lake are much better, I like the Columns restuarant especially.

#121112  by JLo

Block, customer service!!???!! What the heck is that? I do enjoy the Irish Riviera, where I was once lucky enough to have lived, but you can't beat the honky tonk girls on the PPB Boardwalk. :wink: Besides, if you want service and good food in PPB, go to The Ark or Frankies.

#121154  by CNJ

Diamond_D wrote:anyone here go to the Windmill in Long Branch (or the others)? Greatest hot dogs and cheese fries in the universe... I'm dying for one right now actually...
Really good pizza and cheese steaks can be found at Tonys on Route 88 in Brick.

#122300  by BlockLine_4111

Did they raze Tradewinds yet and build them condoes ? Another favorite of mine nearby is that bar just a few yards to the north. Cannot recall the name.

#123431  by JLo

Tradewinds be gone.

#123437  by BlockLine_4111

The other bar is Donovans with outdoor bar area too. I sort of like that place for a burger and few cold ones.

#127988  by mgdemarco2

I'm glad that I found this topic. I am also considering a teaching job in Middletown and I would like to find an affordable apartment to rent in the general area. I would love to be within walking distance of a station on the NJCL. I would also like to be within walking distance of fun bars. I'm 23 years old so a young scene would be cool. Is Red Bank similiar to the scene in Manayunk? Also, do you guys know anything about cheaper off-season rentals from about September to May along the shore area? I know its a long shot... Thanks for the help.