Railroad Forums 

• 2005 Stone Train

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#161334  by badneighbor

the box cars weren't on the train when they went west through Holbrook and Ronkonkoma. and 156 did appear, it was a good surprise, i knew it was being fix, but didnt expect to see it yet

#161335  by M1 9147

And we all said it was gonna take a couple of more weeks to get the 156 back on track. Good we are seeing it back, now for the green paint job, LOL!

#161339  by tushykushy

The boxcars probably came from Southern Container or whatever was in the Pine Aire siding. I have a shot if you don't believe me.

156 still can't be a lead unit until it gets a few things added to it (bell, ASC, etc). That thing had so much rust on it. Didn't somebody say awhile back she could out pull any of the geeps they have?

#161671  by LIRRNOVA55

I read that somwhere to. . . Nice to see another unit running. Any word if 151 was finished yet?

#161901  by Scrap em Again

156 Update,

Currently being sandblasted and painted with primer, by a outside contractor. Look out for a new paint scheme soon. Alot different than the current (schemes). Idling in the back of the shop with windows taped over with newspapers.

#161917  by li7039

what will the new scheme look like

#161931  by LIRRNOVA55

hit the deck. .
this could get interesting.

#162265  by Scrap em Again

Ill give a hint, think BN not BNSF. It will be a similar scheme to BN's latest, before they merged with SF.

#162275  by LIRRNOVA55

Now im CONVINED this will be good. . I love that scheme.
Cant wait to see it!

#162382  by CR6618

Black and Green. Two lovely colors.

#162387  by mainline

At least its new and clean. Certainly better than rust and faded paint.

#162388  by badneighbor

sure... they buy NYA paint... Pacific Harbor is getting new power! check my link in the 'New Power' thread.

#163575  by badneighbor

no stone in Holtsville as late at 1pm on this day. any idea whay not?

#163576  by DogBert

labor day?

I don't know if p&w came in last night...

#168359  by DogBert

is the stone train done for the year? I haven't seen nor heard it in awhile...