Railroad Forums 

• 2005 Stone Train

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#138307  by Long island Joe

[img]http://long_island_joe.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/4878/east.JPG[/img]

#138774  by phantom

Looking at these pictures, I can almost hear a conductor yelling at an engineer, "we have no time for pictures! We must get back and make clear alley!"

#138863  by Scrap em Again

Oh jess, I can picture that conductor wearing a WW2 gas mask choking, from the marvelous smell of 'shortall" pants LOL

#138883  by LIRRNOVA55

hey scrap. . .pretty soon yall gonna need a ww2 gas mask for running the geeps! lol

#147662  by DogBert

just an FYI, rocks came in tonight a little after 12...

happy hunting to anyone going out watching tomorrow...

#147712  by tushykushy

Hope all ya'll buff's were out today.

10am sharp, RS-30 thru Beth interlocking, 268 long hood foward (hmm I wonder who requested that........ :x) with 155 and 271 and "40" loads.

#147724  by lirrmike

I was at the New Highway crossing, got to see them crawl east! Not ALCOs, but a nice show. And I know who wanted the long hood forward. Soon he'll be a VP with the NY&A! :wink:

Mike

#147744  by 9C1LT1

Hi Everyone,

Long Hood forward looks great!! Here's one shot from MP 33.

Enjoy,
-Barry

#147767  by Long Island 7285

PHOTO SHOOT!!!

that looks hot.

#147835  by John 61

Stone train through Ronkonkoma at 11:15.

And again slowly approaching Coates Ave.

Hey 9C1LT1....Great Shot!

#147888  by emfinite

Nice shots guys... Seemed like all the buffs came out of the woodwork today. Went out to the tracks before work:

RS-30 engineer put on a great show for us :P

Joe

#148153  by M1 9147

Joe, good old Beth Interlocking which is your favorite spot. Thanks man we needed that!

#148426  by lirrmike

Yes Joe nice shot, even though you ditched me Saturday!

Mike

#161112  by DogBert

stone train just came in nice and late (1:45AMish) (probably still delays up around oak point)...
...for anyone looking to go stone train hunting tomorrow...

Hey, maybe someone take out one of them L&I units to run into the ground like like 201... the only way to get new equipment: kill what you got!

#161198  by tushykushy

What a suprise......

RS-31 thru Farm2 1:50pm with 155/156/261/270(?) and some boxcars.

Looks like that rust bucket is alive!!!