Railroad Forums 

• New SEPTA Loco

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1474954  by CNJGeep

mcgrath618 wrote:Either someone lied, or SEPTA delayed the deploying of the Sprinters AGAIN.
The latter.
 #1476058  by mcgrath618

As I said in the other thread, apparently the new Sprinters have not been released to the rails because of a brake issue.
This would also explain the halt in production.
 #1476063  by glennk419

mcgrath618 wrote:As I said in the other thread, apparently the new Sprinters have not been released to the rails because of a brake issue.
Is the brake issue one of compatibility with the Bombers or something else? With 70 +/- Sprinters delivered to Amtrak and running well in service, I have to believe that Siemens has the design down pretty well at this point.
 #1476065  by amtrakhogger

glennk419 wrote:
mcgrath618 wrote:As I said in the other thread, apparently the new Sprinters have not been released to the rails because of a brake issue.
Is the brake issue one of compatibility with the Bombers or something else? With 70 +/- Sprinters delivered to Amtrak and running well in service, I have to believe that Siemens has the design down pretty well at this point.
Did Septa spec a Wabco or NY Airbrake setup?
 #1476069  by mcgrath618

glennk419 wrote:
I don't know for sure, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that it's with the Bombers.
 #1476125  by Backshophoss

Siemens is most likely working on a software update for the brake computer.
 #1476899  by mcgrath618

Was talking to a SEPTA conductor last night who says that during tests, one of the Sprinters tore down some catenary wire or something.
 #1477041  by glennk419

Information from another forum is that 901 is out testing on the West Trenton line with a six car set this afternoon. Cab car 2407 is on the other end.
 #1477082  by mcgrath618

glennk419 wrote:Information from another forum is that 901 is out testing on the West Trenton line with a six car set this afternoon. Cab car 2407 is on the other end.
What other forum?
 #1479161  by ChesterValley

It's offical: SEPTA 901 has made it's inaugural run
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/t ... 80711.html
Locomotive 901 made its ceremonial inaugural run at SEPTA’s Chestnut Hill East Station in advance of getting to work on the Paoli-Thorndale Line, Regional Rail’s busiest.
The ACS-64s are replacing SEPTA’s aging fleets of AEM-7 and ALP-44 locomotives and are equipped with positive train control, an advanced system designed to automatically stop a train from running into another train or speeding,

[Kneuppel] joked that he is considering cutting up the old engines and turning them into paper weights to give to riders who had complained about service in the past.
 #1479169  by liftedjeep

mcgrath618 wrote:Time to stop at Radnor station on the way home from work and hope I get lucky!
As of last week, the Septa Sprinters were still in testing. #901 was spotted testing on the West Trenton Line last week.
Ben