• New SEPTA Loco

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by khellendall

New SEPTA Siemens electric #901 delivered yesterday. Pictured here at Wayne Junction
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by RDGAndrew

Was 901 on break-in runs the past couple days? Heard a different horn blowing for Rydal Rd yesterday and today. At first I thought it was CSX coming from Woodbourne in daylight, but then I realized it could be 901 stretching its legs on the West Trenton Line.
  by CNJGeep

RDGAndrew wrote:Was 901 on break-in runs the past couple days? Heard a different horn blowing for Rydal Rd yesterday and today. At first I thought it was CSX coming from Woodbourne in daylight, but then I realized it could be 901 stretching its legs on the West Trenton Line.
Possibly and probably the wire train.
  by NorthPennLimited

Anyone know which train has the 901 this week?

I see SEPTA is running a normal schedule this holiday week. I was thinking of bundling up and venturing out in the cold tomorrow.
  by andrewjw

NorthPennLimited wrote:Anyone know which train has the 901 this week?

I see SEPTA is running a normal schedule this holiday week. I was thinking of bundling up and venturing out in the cold tomorrow.
I doubt it's in service yet...
  by CNJGeep

NorthPennLimited wrote:Anyone know which train has the 901 this week?

Will not begin testing until January.
  by mohawkrailfan

Did it travel by rail all the way from Sacramento? That would have been a funny sight to see on a freight train Nebraska.
  by andrewjw

mohawkrailfan wrote:Did it travel by rail all the way from Sacramento? That would have been a funny sight to see on a freight train Nebraska.
See for yourself:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=166280&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by mcgrath618

Any updates on this unit? I would've expected it to be in at least some test runs by now...
  by Backshophoss

You got to believe the Siemens techs are checking out the 901,and training the SEPTA M OF E employees on the basics,
Figure on a few SEPTA Road Foremen getting trained by Amtrak.before any T&E crews start training with 901.
  by zebrasepta

Backshophoss wrote:You got to believe the Siemens techs are checking out the 901,and training the SEPTA M OF E employees on the basics,
Figure on a few SEPTA Road Foremen getting trained by Amtrak.before any T&E crews start training with 901.
I think some of them got training with a ACS-64 they borrowed from AMTRAK 2 years ago and also definitely got training during the of Summer 2016 when SEPTA had to borrow a couple of ACS-64s from Amtrak for the Silverliner V problem they had
  by CNJGeep

902 & 903 on the way east
  by mcgrath618

CNJGeep wrote:902 & 903 on the way east
any pics?
  by liftedjeep

mcgrath618 wrote:
CNJGeep wrote:902 & 903 on the way east
any pics?
Not my shot, sent to me by a friend...

"UP 5431 with new Siemens SEPTA & MARC locomotives (4-units) tied down at a Utah Junction Bypass North of Denver at 2:50 PM February 11, 2018."
Ben
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by glennk419

There are two more Siemens Chargers headed east. Photos courtesy of Alex Funderburg. I assume 902 and 903 are already on the property.