• Gardner Gawking

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

by jwhite07

Jaymac, your oh-dark-early gawkings will be missed. The occasional close encounters you've had with the local wildlife at that time of the morning, I'm sure will not be missed. Enjoy sleeping in!
  by jaymac

Tnx for the wordss, but -- at least short-term -- I'll be going for lower-hanging fruit, as in the 0801/04-16 Worcester Main posting.
And yes, I do hope our furry friends are grateful for their and my mutually-lessened stress.: It is getting near Deer-Dodging and Skunk-Slaloming Season. However, I will miss seeing rabbits in the Fitchburg platform lot.
  by rustyrails

You've done a ton of dedicated Gawking. ALL good things come to an end I'm afraid and this is one of them. I am grateful for all your detailed posts. Take a break and put your feet up fur a while. Hopefully we will see a post pop up now and then. Enjoy your sabbatical!!!
  by jaymac

rustyrails wrote:You've done a ton of dedicated Gawking. ALL good things come to an end I'm afraid and this is one of them. I am grateful for all your detailed posts. Take a break and put your feet up fur a while. Hopefully we will see a post pop up now and then. Enjoy your sabbatical!!!
Tnx. I did take a trip midmorning on 04-23. While things were brighter, they weren't noisier. The Rte. 2 traffic sounds did override the crickets, but not the occasional garble from AY-1 and AY-4 on Yard Channel.
I still retain my ability to repel trains.
  by johnpbarlow

Any idea where P&W will use this rail? Perhaps on the 3 mile section between CSX at CP-45 and CSX at Barbers?
  by arthur d.

jaymac wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:15 am Tnx for the wordss, but -- at least short-term -- I'll be going for lower-hanging fruit, as in the 0801/04-16 Worcester Main posting.
And yes, I do hope our furry friends are grateful for their and my mutually-lessened stress.: It is getting near Deer-Dodging and Skunk-Slaloming Season. However, I will miss seeing rabbits in the Fitchburg platform lot.
Think of the money you'll save!
  by jaymac

With the dispensary at its old site, I don't think the Cleghorn Cumbie's is in any danger of shutting down from my lack of patronage, but my credit card does feel the relief.