Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak derailment in New Haven,CT - 10PM 10/28

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#65145  by early80sNECguy

Very true!

This inident just reminded me of the one I mentioned......apples and oranges I agree, but still............

#65158  by DutchRailnut

No they were shown to me by supervisor, who was at the scene.
 #65213  by efin98

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Messrs Efin and Railnut--

I would appreciate it if you Gents would kindly get on the same page and each report what you know "straight".

You both are from the Northeast and I believe you would be a better source to know "what's going down' on this matter than would others.

GBN
No problems here, just asking for a clarification on the post.

I trust the information provided in my link and respect the source of Mr. Railnut's information. About anybody outside Amtrak and or whoever has to do the repair work can say is heresay at best right now, regardless of what information or pictures or reports are out there.
Last edited by efin98 on Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#65391  by Howiew

Will there ever be a possibility of any pictures of the derailment to be posted? I know that area well as my grandparents used to live near by with the tracks behind their backyard.

#65417  by Gilbert B Norman

Best possibility for a public release of these photos would be part of an NTSB Investigation of the incident.

However I must continue to raise the question if this incident will come within the scope of NTSB action, as there were no personal injuries reported.
---------------------------------
"Your Boulevard of Steel offering Center to Center All Weather Service'

#65436  by DutchRailnut

Correct there won't be NTSB invesigation since there are no injuries plus radio tapes were sufficient to determine fault. MNCR won't release pictures taken at schene that could be used by anyone in litigation

#65444  by Jersey_Mike

I was in New Haven this weekend and looked all over north and south of the station, but I could not locate the accident site.

#65465  by DutchRailnut

cause it was west of station. there is no north or south on NEC east of new york. The accident was under last overpass, before the scrapyard.