Railroad Forums 

• PAR Locomotive Fleet - General Discussion

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1333914  by MEC407

Thanks for the info! It'll be interesting to see where/who these came from. I can't find any GMTX 3400s on the web, and I searched under GATX too just in case they were mislabeled as such.
 #1333992  by conductorvern

does anyone know if gmtx 3004 will be going back to service its a normal gp40 and pan am does have enough parts to pry from the white lined gp40's but pan am loves to spend money and parts they need on a unit that's not there's. :-D and I just noticed this but the 2 mbta f40's there are gone where are they?
~thanks vern
 #1334680  by MEC407

rewire and -2 would be the most beneficial thing they could do to extend the lives of those old 40s.
 #1335556  by MEC407

Photo by Derek Carpine:

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=224244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like it's got a camera, too.
 #1335590  by 690

KSmitty wrote:345 reported at NMJ by a friend this am. Back from Pauducah and smelling fresh. Ive heard rumors they upgraded it to -2 specs, wonder if its true?
It is.
 #1335599  by MEC407

I wonder how long the new mirrors and new sun visors will last?

Reason I ask is because many (most?) of the locos this company has acquired over the past 20 years have arrived on the property with sun visors, and one by one the visors all disappeared within a year or so.
 #1335608  by newpylong

When CP power used to come in on MOED the Deerfield engine house would steal the light bulbs. It got so bad the CP shop was leaving new packs of bulbs saying, "please don't take them off the engine use these." Not making this up I've seen it.
 #1335609  by MEC407

I'd heard that rumor a few times over the years; nice to finally have confirmation! :-D
 #1336360  by newpylong

"Paducah did a nice job on the 345. It's like a brand new engine.Not a single leak or
Drip. You could eat off the engine room floor, and it's been back in service for a month. Upgraded to dash-2 electronics and dynamic brakes restored."
 #1336361  by MEC407

Nice. GATX doesn't want junk in their fleet (who can blame them?). Just goes to show these old girls can still be restored if someone's willing to spend a little.
 #1336483  by Dick H

345 and LTEX 8955 were on AD-1 at North Bennington on Friday.
As noted, 345 looks great and no smoke...#507 reported at
Selkirk on GRS Sightings Group. Should be back on PAR soon.