Railroad Forums 

• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#882147  by rdgrailfan

Thread from MBTA / Railroad.net on Delaware car works rebuild cars for MBTA - Amtrak handles the shipment

I believe the single level cars are going to Delaware Car Corp in Wilmington, De. They have two on site as of Thursday

Two in transit to Wilmington, Two on way back to MBTA - which is which is up in the air in relation to what you saw
 #882271  by Matthew Mitchell

rdgrailfan wrote:I believe the single level cars are going to Delaware Car Corp in Wilmington, De.
Makes sense, especially since I saw what looked like temporary reporting marks taped onto them.
 #884619  by MichaelBug

This one's interesting for what was NOT in the consist...five out of the normal six or seven cars. Train 6576 on Thursday 12/23 only had TWO cars, 345/344. Due to early holiday getaway traffic, surprisingly it was adequate for the passenger load that night. It was SRO leaving Suburban, (with more than a few double takes from passengers having to run up the platform) but not crush loaded when it left Market East.
 #885245  by Jersey_Mike

Yesterday on the R7 there was a train passing North Philadelphia about 3:20PM that had in this order a Silverliner IV Pair (129-130), a Silverliner IV Single, a Silverliner III (220) and a Silverliner II (267). It was spotted again on the Connecting Railroad heading southbound about 5PM.

Here's a photo.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictur ... 8%2043.jpg
 #888578  by MichaelBug

Train 5711 this morning (Monday 1/10/11) featured a heaping helping of Silverliner Stew...the consist being 236, 9010, 258, 202, 434, 433. Or if you prefer, a St. Louie, a Reading Budd, two Pennsy Budds, & a married pair of GEs.
 #889185  by rslitman

Train 371 tonight was made up of a Silverliner II (263) followed by two Silverliner III's (230 and 226). The first two cars made up what I call an Abbott & Costello (Bud/Budd and Lew/Louie), while the last two cars (counting the middle one in both) made up what I call a "Louie Louie".

Seeing two III's on the same train is unusual, especially when it's a three-car train, since there weren't that many of them to begin with and even fewer of them, now. (Of course, it's probably even rarer to see a two-car train of III's.) Also, both are non-ex-Airport even-numbered III's. At least two of this category, 222 and 224, have been destroyed (and 228 was almost destroyed right in front of my eyes on June 11, 2009), so this may be quite a rare category, too. (There were only seven Airport III's, and I'm not sure how many of them are running now.)
 #889281  by Silverliner II

rslitman wrote:(There were only seven Airport III's, and I'm not sure how many of them are running now.)
Of the 8 Airport Silverliner III's (232-239), I show only 5 remaining active, with 232, 234, and 237 down for the count for a long while now. Of the entire 20-car fleet, I show 15 active. The 222 and 224 are the other two cars awaiting their fates.

Speaking of unusual consists (and now I regret not YouTubing this for verification) but last month, I ran across a 4-car set with three Louies in the consist (Silverliner III-II-III-III). But the one I really regret not even having my camera for was the afternoon early in the summer when I watched 3596 depart 30th Street with five Silverliner IV singles as the consist!
 #889510  by nomis

Norristown train #6237 today consisted of three reading SL II's 9009 9015 & 9016.
 #893761  by rslitman

371 had three Silverliner II's today, two of which were cars with the brown vinyl seats - 259 in the lead (where I sat) and 9015 at the end (not open to passengers). 206 was in the middle.
 #894193  by rslitman

rslitman wrote:371 had three Silverliner II's today, two of which were cars with the brown vinyl seats - 259 in the lead (where I sat) and 9015 at the end (not open to passengers). 206 was in the middle.
The cars used on 371 on Monday, 1/24/11, must have gotten back to West Trenton to spend the night. They were the last three cars, of a total of five, on train 319 on Tuesday morning, 1/25. (The first two cars were a married pair of Silverliner IVs.) A few years ago, I had observed the previous day's 371 cars on train 315, but with all of the schedule changes since then, things must have changed. Or maybe the Silverliners from a particular nighttime train don't necessarily go out on the same train the each morning.
 #897138  by nomis

Matthew Mitchell wrote:Two class units together this morning: 9001 and 201 bracing 202 on what I think was train 3524 northbound at Glenside 8:15.
Those three have been together for a couple of days now (pics once i ever get them off my camera)
 #897238  by Matthew Mitchell

nomis wrote:Those three have been together for a couple of days now (pics once i ever get them off my camera)
And still together on the 5:30 going to Fox Chase (6848).