Railroad Forums 

• RVL Whitehouse Passing Siding Progress

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#377651  by Jtgshu

Even though the schedules might list "holidays" for later on in the year, they could very easily indroduce another schedule in between those times - the Coast Line has usually at least 4 schedule changes a year - two for extra service in the summer, and then the "big" ones, usually when the time changed in the past. Sometimes, they would even put out another schedule around the beginning of September, meaning 5 schedules a year.

But I would ASSUME (and yes, we all konw what happens then) that if anything, the service would be added in the fall, if not now (which its not) becuase that would coincide with the major crew assignment changes which also take place at the same time. Althougth they could (and do often) at other times, they tend to wait until these times to make real major changes to jobs and assignments.

#420960  by northjerseybuff

what are the new control points going to be called at each end of this siding? Is this project completed yet?

#421075  by nick11a

It's now in service I do believe and has been for a while now. I do not know the names of the Control Points.

#421093  by Jtgshu

Sorry, Mr. "king of the one liners" aka Nick11a :-) The siding is not yet in service. As of about 3 weeks ago, they didn't even have the signals installed yet. They aren't done wiring them yet, and they should be done towards the end of the year - I dunno if it will be done in time for the fall schedule change and if more service will be added then or later on.

I did hear that it might be called "House" - East and West House. But thats unofficial.

#423179  by Zeke

I talked to one of the RVL signal gang on friday and I hope it's not true. The east end of the siding will be called CUSH and the west end TUNK. UGGGHHHH !

#423182  by lensovet

so, regardless of names, any idea on potential service date?

#423244  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:Sorry, Mr. "king of the one liners" aka Nick11a :-) The siding is not yet in service. As of about 3 weeks ago, they didn't even have the signals installed yet. They aren't done wiring them yet, and they should be done towards the end of the year - I dunno if it will be done in time for the fall schedule change and if more service will be added then or later on.

I did hear that it might be called "House" - East and West House. But thats unofficial.
Yup, went back today and confirmed. Still no signals. Looks like no progress has been made since October so the report that it was in service someone told me, was false.

Incidentally, how about "Wing?" East Wing and West Wing?
Last edited by nick11a on Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#423256  by lensovet

that's really too bad...a project that's essentially done to have no progress for 8+ months :(

#423260  by nick11a

lensovet wrote:that's really too bad...a project that's essentially done to have no progress for 8+ months :(
Yes, I was surprised too. We did notice cable along the ROW as we drove along- probably for the signals I guess?

#423553  by Ken W2KB

Zeke wrote:I talked to one of the RVL signal gang on friday and I hope it's not true. The east end of the siding will be called CUSH and the west end TUNK. UGGGHHHH !
Thus it would be an adaption of Cushetunk Mountain which is close to the siding.

#423558  by Jtgshu

I give it 2 days in service before someone starts calling it "TUSH" and "CUNK" - and maybe not pronounce the K real clearly.........

Maybe different names will be better so NJT doesn't get fines from the FCC for saying a bad word, or the likeness of, over the radio waves.............

#423575  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:I give it 2 days in service before someone starts calling it "TUSH" and "CUNK" - and maybe not pronounce the K real clearly.........
Oh gosh, the once clever and funny control point names may be gettin going dirty. :-)

#423652  by jersey_emt

Could have been worse.... TUSH and CUN*

(you know what it is)

#423675  by Wanderer

Jtgshu wrote:I give it 2 days in service before someone starts calling it "TUSH" and "CUNK" - and maybe not pronounce the K real clearly........
$10.00 says Jethro does it first...