Railroad Forums 

• RVL Whitehouse Passing Siding Progress

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#310482  by Ken W2KB

TGIV wrote:Ludlow Asbury is MP 60.1. MP 64 is right at exit 7. The roads to Ludlow are narrow, 1 lane under pass at MP 61. Steep grade at Ludlow xing.
Hampton MP 57 is about 2 blocks off RT 31 plenty of space for parking.
Thanks for the precise measurements from Ludlow to Exit 7. Hampton certainly should be restored as an intermediate station as well. It would help to relieve the Route 31 traffic as well as service the surrounding areas, and the existing traffic light at the west end of Main Street and Route 31 will facilitate safe access. My recollection of the site of the Glen Gardner station is that there would be relatively limited room for parking.
 #310506  by Sandy Burton

They were replacing wood ties with concrete ties on the main line in the vicinity of the east switch for the new siding. They worked all day. Power for the work train was 4210 and 4213. They did not work on Sunday as far as I know.

Sandy
 #310519  by CNJ3067

The Overhead bridge for which you speak is Mountain Road - Not to be confused with Old Mountain Road which is there as well

#310608  by Wanderer

The FTSX work cars returned to the MMC last night. The work extra ran East in push-pull with NJTR4212 leading East and NJT4302 on the rear along for the ride.

#310643  by TGIV

Ken W2KB wrote:My recollection of the site of the Glen Gardner station is that there would be relatively limited room for parking
You are correct; Glen Gardner has no real place to park. Stops west of High Bridge should be Bloomsbury and Hampton.

The TLM laid ties on Saturday and the surfacing unit dumped stone and surfaced Sunday, from the west end of Whitehouse platform to the switch on east end of siding.

#311083  by transit383

Saw the new concrete ties at Whitehouse Station earlier today, they look good!

#312197  by JLo

Just crossed over the RVL on Old Mountain Road at around 2:30 p.m. today (Sun, 10-29). NJT MOW crews were out in full force, checking the track guage on the new rails under the concrete ties. Looks like they were waiting for the ballast train to come by soon.

#312506  by Ken W2KB

JLo wrote:Just crossed over the RVL on Old Mountain Road at around 2:30 p.m. today (Sun, 10-29). NJT MOW crews were out in full force, checking the track guage on the new rails under the concrete ties. Looks like they were waiting for the ballast train to come by soon.
There was a work train on the siding at Raritan Yard this morning. Couldn't really see the consist but it was fairly long, with a caboose at the end.

#312558  by blockline4180

Question, do NJT hi rail/MOW vehicals go through Glen Gardner on the old CNJ? When I went by there last week I noticed that the tracks are still in place through the station and they almost had a bit of a shine to them..! The NS local doesn't use this portion of the line do they?

Thanks.

Unless the spot I was thinking of was Hampton....

#312612  by Ken W2KB

blockline4180 wrote:Question, do NJT hi rail/MOW vehicals go through Glen Gardner on the old CNJ? When I went by there last week I noticed that the tracks are still in place through the station and they almost had a bit of a shine to them..! The NS local doesn't use this portion of the line do they?

Thanks.

The only thing over it for a number of years from what I understand is an occasion hirail patrol by NJT. Both Glen Gardner and Hampton are west of MP54 which is as far west that High Bridge trains go to layover prior o the morning runs east.

#312663  by Wanderer

NJTransit only has ownership and authority as far as the division point. Patrols may go that far. Past there it is NS property; part of the not completely intact NS Central Industrial Track of the Harrisburg Division.

#312675  by blockline4180

Wanderer,

And where exactly is "division point"? Mileposts?

#312741  by transit383

blockline4180 wrote:Question, do NJT hi rail/MOW vehicals go through Glen Gardner on the old CNJ? When I went by there last week I noticed that the tracks are still in place through the station and they almost had a bit of a shine to them..! The NS local doesn't use this portion of the line do they?

Thanks.

Where exactly is the locaion of the old Glen Garnder Station? I'd like to stop by and see what its like, just out of curiousity.

#312796  by gravelyfan

Wanderer wrote:NJTransit only has ownership and authority as far as the division point. Patrols may go that far. Past there it is NS property; part of the not completely intact NS Central Industrial Track of the Harrisburg Division.
The statement above is partially correct; NJ TRANSIT owns the property west of the division post but it is a "freight only" line and therefore under day-to-day control of the freight operator (in this case NS). Not really any different than the portions of the Southern Secondary, or the Beesley's Point Secondary or a number of other lines throughout the state that NJT owns but does not operate on.

#312878  by Jtgshu

Check TGIV's great post one page back on the actual RVL "ownership" and actual locations (and directions!) to these sites