• 01800 Tracker

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by RailBus63

Maybe someone should be asking the MBTA how a stranger had time to do so much damage without being spotted. We're lucky he was painting the train and not doing something that could cause harm to others.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Caught a set yesterday (didn't get the number) with new ASA firmware that has Frank now announcing the "elevator service on center platform" standard operator spiel at Park St. First time I'd ever heard that.
  by octr202

I think that's been on for at least a few weeks now. Perhaps it's been slow to be propagated throughout the whole fleet.
  by danib62

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:Caught a set yesterday (didn't get the number) with new ASA firmware that has Frank now announcing the "elevator service on center platform" standard operator spiel at Park St. First time I'd ever heard that.
I don't think that announcement is Frank. It sounds like a different person (and yes I'm aware he sounds different on different equipment and recording sessions but this doesn't sounds anything like any of his other recording I've heard).
  by CircusFreakGRITZ

diburning wrote:It's not Frank. The voice seems to have a slight attitude to it.
I agree.

BTW, why is there STILL no "doors open on the left/right" addition to the 1800s' ASA??? Green and blue have it, and you KNOW the motormen aren't going to make the announcements anymore once OPTO kicks in (they wont be able to realistically drive the train and do announcements--been on the orange line recently?).
  by danib62

I can't say I've noticed a change in the orange line announcements.
  by StevieC48

LOL Orange Line are done by the operator lol, unless the got retrofitted with asa's
  by BostonUrbEx

What he's saying is that without automatic announcements, the operators will not make them under OPTO. I didn't realize it, but thinking about it, he is right. The Orange Line operators are getting very skimpy on the announcements now that they're running on OPTO.
  by RailBus63

BostonUrbEx wrote:What he's saying is that without automatic announcements, the operators will not make them under OPTO. I didn't realize it, but thinking about it, he is right. The Orange Line operators are getting very skimpy on the announcements now that they're running on OPTO.
Sounds like a supervisory issue. Blue Line operators didn't seem to have a problem making announcements when the 0600's were in service.
  by StevieC48

Sounds like a training issue or just the operator just dosent care or the PA was out.
  by Robert Paniagua

I noticed that they are now installing evacuchairs on even #'d 01800s and all other cars therefore esentially eliminating viewing out the ends, so you'd have to hope and wait to get an odd #'d 01800 if you want to see out front and back now
  by Head-end View

What!!??...............Rob, are you saying we can't see out the front of Red Line 1800's anymore, because of this new development?
  by Robert Paniagua

Well, we still can. But we'll onl;y be able to do so on an odd #'d car, the Stryler Evacuchairts are ONLY being installed on the EVEN #'d cars. Only way we wont see out front is if the worker places an ad card on an odd # 01800 car. Now, as fars as my observations are concerned, most even #'d 01800 cars have the Evac-Chair already installed.