Railroad Forums 

• 01800 Tracker

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#276  by Robert Paniagua

Ok now, its time to get back into the nitty-gritty here and back into business by placing back the 01800 tracker thread!!!

First, starting with me, on Tuesday evening (Mar 9), I picked up 01805 leaving Park Street going into Braintree, I had the seat the whole length, no ad in window, ASA was fine and so was heat.

Then, last night (03/11/04), I picked up 01842 from Park Till Braintree, the ad was fallen over so I could see through, and the ASA was fine, with its heat. I also got to wave to the other oncoming trains too.

Series/Car type/Built By/Electrical/Year/Built/Year/Rebuilt/Carbody/Material/Width/Length/Seats/Cars/Active/Out of Service
01800-01885/#3 Red Line/ Bombardier/GE/1993-94/Stainless-Steel/120”/69’06”/50/86/ 0

Used with permission form J.Belcher from NETransit

#284  by fm535

Robert, I don't know if you got to read one of the last few posts on the old site, but were you on 01860 last Sunday morning or actually right around 12 noon, heading toward Braintree but got off at Quincy Ctr? I was there, and the guy sitting in the seat had an unobstructed view, and he was having a ball waving to the operator and really digging the seat... ??? :roll:
 #294  by Robert Paniagua

Nope, that wasn't me, but that guy has my style apparently. I do that too, wave to the oncoming trains, and I go all the way down to Braintree 24-7. That's where I start and finish, since I live 5 miles due south of that station and drive in to the garage.
 #317  by Reddy Rocker

I got #01815 yesterday on the way home, had a perfect window, ASA worked ok, and the heat was ok. I will be seeing Alan later today, so I'll see if I can get one this afternoon.

BTW, I'll just have to remember there is now a space in my name.

#334  by Reddy Rocker

Question to Rob (or anyone else). Would you like to do the Views out the front thread again, or merge it with this. I personally think that merging the two topics is a good idea.

#1639  by Robert Paniagua

Last night, Sun, Mar 14, I got 01805 from Park Street till Braintree at around 21:50h coming back home from High School Hoops at the Fleet Centre. 01805's cab view window had an ad, ASA was fine, and other functions were fine too. Was a decent ride and a grand finale to HS hoops, now it's baseball and softball seasons as of this morning.

#2116  by CS

VERY INTERESTING RIDE

This was about a week ago (during the site outage) and I can't remember which car I was on since I didn't have time to reach the front of the train. The reddy had a really weird starts and stops. It shook a lot and made a lot a noise whenever it stopped or began moving again. I was actually a little nervous and hoped nothing went wrong!

#2155  by fm535

Do you have any clue to what it might have been? Very interesting. I am fascinated with a report like that and knowing what may have gone wrong or made the noise/sound...

(and I read a note on one of the other threads about NOT using geocities or one of those freebie sites to post your avatar, and now my little breda is working!)

#2470  by AEM7AC920

Here is my post for today around here :D I got a 01700 from Braintree and I noticed that the air got dumped into emg at least three times but the second time the car in front of us was really jumping up and down and i wondered about the speed but the second jump we hit emg again then before JFK the operator said something was wrong with the train so it will be pulled from service and another train will be waiting so we got to JFK and there was Reddy 01845 to the rescue :D . The cab window was clear and the ASA was working good.

#4793  by Reddy Rocker

I haven't had much luck lately, but I'll keep trying.

#5360  by efin98

yesterday(3/22/04) I got a train of 01800s. I got car 1801 going to and coming from JFK/UMass station, one of the rare times that has ever happened to me(outside of railfanning, of course).

#6845  by fm535

Anyone have a clue to why the Red Line has dropped back down to 4 car sets this weekend, like the summer schedule suddenly kicked in?

#7965  by Robert Paniagua

I don't know why, that's a good question. I saw that too when I was driving from my home to my weekend job as a security guard at the Burlington Mall.

As for me, I got 01865 last night from Park Street till Braintree, got seat the whole length, ASA was fine, nothing in window, just an MBTA instructor riding in the cab with a new driver, and I also discovered that the curtain on the right side (operator's side) was half-open, so I took that seat after Quincy Adams till Braintree and I got to see thru the front off that window for the first time in ages.....:-)

#8225  by jwhite07

#3 cars 01830-01831, which have been out of service awaiting parts since December of 2000, are being listed as in service according to the latest NETransit MBTA roster update. Apparently all 86 01800s are active once again!

#9592  by Robert Paniagua

Great! Now that also means that the 01700s are no longer the only car class being all-coach active. But the 01700s remain solo in never having a negative history (losing any unit for a long period of time or permanently) because the 01400s had 8 units out of the original 92 lost to mostly fires, and two to an accident with 01604 and 01605, and probably two more being damaged by vandals and deliberately set on fire some long time ago back in the heyday, and the 01800s, of course, with 01830 and 31 being out long-term.