• PAR Locomotive Fleet - General Discussion

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by chrisf

Stp243 wrote:MEC 7622 seems to have some new hardware mounted on the roof directly over the cab. You can clearly see it in its most recent picture posted over at NERAIL Photos http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... otoindex=3. Anyone have any idea what it is? It doesn't show in any other previous photos that I have found.
Looks like PTC antennas.
  by backroadrails

It's PTC, it was discussed on Facebook. The shops at Waterville have been trying to get as many units upgraded with PTC as possible. Most of the 500 series is equipped, including some GRS painted units. By the sounds paint can wait, while PTC cant.
  by NHV 669

Paint can always wait.
  by Backshophoss

This must be the MBTA funded I-ETMS/ACSES installations then.
  by Stp243

Its not the most sleek PTC install out there but it gets the job done.
  by backroadrails

The last 3 LTEX leasers have been returned to LTEX. This includes the 6528 (Gp40), and two exup SD40-2's. This leaves the slug set at ED as the only leased power. By the sounds B&M GP40 340 is being reactivated at Waterville.
  by 690

MEC 616 has been renumbered to MEC 3405, likely to reflect it being owned by GATX, and also to differentiate it from the 600s which are being purged from the roster.
  by backroadrails

I noticed MEC 3404 is on the dead line, and has had the middle axels removed.
  by thebigham

Bill Gingrich is reporting that 10 locos were scrapped in Waterville in September.

3 GP9s and 7 GP40s