• Portsmouth Branch Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

• 1368 posts
  by arthur d.

There's a cranky old guy (not me, a different one) with a scanner who quite frequently posts activity on both the Portsmouth branch and the main line in ALMOST real time on the google group NERail. Using his info, you can often intercept DO-1 or catch a tied down AYPO in Newfields.
  by Jonathan603

Thanks oibu for the warm welcome. Yes you are right it’s probably a little too far out west but I’ll post when I hear them in NH. Thanks again for your nice words.
  by oibu

No problem Jonathan.

Arthur, thanks for that tip, sounds like a good info source for anyone hunting trains in that area- hadn't heard about him before, will check it out. I would guess Jonathan could probably get some good tip-offs from that for movements in his neck of the woods if he doesn't have a scanner or can't monitor it all the time.