Railroad Forums 

• Portsmouth Branch Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1557982  by MECFAN

You beat me to it LOL. I Heard the horn out in Greenland so I caught them at Portsmouth Ave. and followed them to town. They headed right up to Newington and dropped the 1 Boise box on the Boise spur but didn't spot it. They then headed up the line toward Sprauge.
Maybe next week we'll get a fish car and all will be right again in Portsmouth LOL!!!

There was an article in the Portsmouth Hearald this morning about the condo project in the yard, looks like its back on.

https://www.seacoastonline.com/story/ne ... 796154001/
 #1557996  by Jonathan603

Thanks MECFAN. Good to know. I had to bail just after I shot that video but took a drive earlier to see if it was in the yard but didn’t. Didn’t see it from Shafer either, I assume it may have been back there at Sprague by then. Not sure where it is right now.

Lol yes fish would be great... even greater would be a Navy move.... 2020 could take a turn for the better after all :-)
 #1558044  by MECFAN

They canned at Schiller last night at the Gosling Road crossing, so their working today maybe get out of town late afternoon.
 #1558046  by Jonathan603

I never saw that sort of volume more than maybe a handful of times back when they were talking about 16 a day.

Am going to hit the bucks and see if it’s still at Schiller. :-)
 #1558133  by Jonathan603

Thanks. I snapped a pic of it at Schiller yesterday. Thanks for the heads up :-)

Heard it moving around on the scanner yesterday afternoon but didn’t see it leave.
 #1560647  by woodeen

Great video, thank you for sharing! Nice shot at the end with the plane landing. Near the end it seemed that you were hovering fairly close to the ground when the train passed under, are there any issues about that? Could the crew see the drone? Just curious
 #1560652  by Jonathan603

Thanks! The last shot was actually not a drone shot, I took it from a footbridge with my cellphone :-) But yes it would certainly be an issue... you are not supposed to hover over people, cars or transport.

Thanks for your feedback :-)
 #1560656  by b&m 1566

Jonathan603 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:49 am I shot some drone footage of 510 crossing great bay yesterday. Enjoy!

Was the middle part of this trestle a draw bridge at one time?
 #1560664  by b&m 1566

I've never stumbled across that before, thanks for sharing.