Railroad Forums 

• URHS of NJ Preservation News

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#831045  by larry1090

blockline4180 wrote:Well I remember someone saying the U34CH was supposed to go to Boonton, and this was over the Spring. Have those plans changed now??

I heard that also, time will tell. that's above my Pay grade lol
 #831139  by NYS&W142Fan

RAHWAYVALLEY wrote:
With this move, will all of the URHS stuff, other than what is still sitting in Winslow Jct, now be at Boonton?
Other URHS equipment remains at the Gilbert Generating Station near Milford, N.J. Also, a URHS ex CNW F7A might still be at the end of track on the Bel-Del in Milford.
I can safely say there is no CNW F7A or any other engine at end of track in Milford. The only thing there is, are the several cars at Holland and they are in very sad shape.
 #831188  by larry1090

NYS&W142Fan wrote:
RAHWAYVALLEY wrote:
With this move, will all of the URHS stuff, other than what is still sitting in Winslow Jct, now be at Boonton?
Other URHS equipment remains at the Gilbert Generating Station near Milford, N.J. Also, a URHS ex CNW F7A might still be at the end of track on the Bel-Del in Milford.
I can safely say there is no CNW F7A or any other engine at end of track in Milford. The only thing there is, are the several cars at Holland and they are in very sad shape.

I can Safely say there is Nothing From Gilbert Generating station being moved Any time soon Or the Near future. there in Very Bad Shape..... :(
 #831250  by NJT4272

The former NJT, nee CNW, F-7 #418 that was once stored on the Bel-Del in Milford is now on the BR&W in Ringoes.

Doesn't she look grand?
 #831290  by blockline4180

NJT4272 wrote:The former NJT, nee CNW, F-7 #418 that was once stored on the Bel-Del in Milford is now on the BR&W in Ringoes.

Doesn't she look grand?
And to think I remember seeing these engines running in commuter service in 1984....I hate that saying "time heals old wounds" It actually makes them worse!! :(
 #831681  by Mr. Ed

Are you guys planning on bringing the Blue Comet car up to Boonton from Winslow Jct?

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #831819  by larry1090

Mr. Ed wrote:Are you guys planning on bringing the Blue Comet car up to Boonton from Winslow Jct?

Later!
Mr. Ed

As far as i know now we are not planning any other moves of equipment up to boonton. there might not be any more room in the INN to store and work on. will see after all the other stuff is moved up shortly how much room is left.

larry
 #831821  by larry1090

Steve F45 wrote:Will this car be refurbished inside aswell and used for private use like the Hickory Creek?

For now were short on funds to finish this car so there will only be a few more things done on the car. We are hoping to do some fund raising so that one day we can finish the car. we will post more on this when we know what there going to do and when.

larry
 #832134  by NJT4272

*[Withdrawn]*