Railroad Forums 

• URHS of NJ Preservation News

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#832262  by blockline4180

sullivan1985 wrote:Followed the move from Watsessing to Boonton.

Enjoy!

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiv ... x?id=58886

Yes, very nice!
 #832415  by Mr. Ed

Outstanding photos! I am glad that someone was able to capture the move in such detail.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't there now 2-GG-1s at Boonton? And just how many Es and Fs are on site? Thanks.

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #832444  by sullivan1985

Mr. Ed wrote:Outstanding photos! I am glad that someone was able to capture the move in such detail.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't there now 2-GG-1s at Boonton? And just how many Es and Fs are on site? Thanks.

Later!
Mr. Ed
I think the count is:

2 GG1's
4 E8A's (maybe 5)
1 F7A
 #832445  by blockline4180

Unfortunately I also heard there were some mishaps in the yard yesterday. Would anyone care to extrapolate?? I heard the E8's may have been damaged?? This is all from a 2nd hand source.
 #832460  by Kaback9

blockline4180 wrote:Unfortunately I also heard there were some mishaps in the yard yesterday. Would anyone care to extrapolate?? I heard the E8's may have been damaged?? This is all from a 2nd hand source.
Just some cosmetic damage..not really a big deal heard from anther second hand source.
Last edited by Kaback9 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #832467  by Ken W2KB

cjvrr wrote:Viewers should also note the new fence around the yard!
Quite so, and also note the "no trespassing signs." Signs and fence were placed in part at the suggestion of the Boonton Police Department to facilitate enforcement and prosecution should the need arise.
 #832581  by RAHWAYVALLEY

Quite so, and also note the "no trespassing signs." Signs and fence were placed in part at the suggestion of the Boonton Police Department to facilitate enforcement and prosecution should the need arise
Photography of the equipment is possible without trespassing on NJ Transit property or getting in the way of the contractor working on the URHS equipment. Equipment may be viewed from either the Fanny Road bridge on the south end (telelphoto lense) or public access from the parking lot on the north end. Just remember not to block the gate into the yard, as employees must have ready access to the site.
 #832599  by Sirsonic

Removed. Hopefully my warning got to the right person.
Last edited by Sirsonic on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.