Railroad Forums 

• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1632637  by jhdeasy

Jeff Smith wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:38 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CzIzpYxO9Vn ... BiNWFlZA==
Several years ago, CSX purchased MOONLIGHT DOME from Cincinnati Railway Company for use in their executive fleet. It was a two car package deal, so they had to purchase a former SP 10&6 sleeper (BIRCH GROVE name later added by Amtrak) to obtain the MOONLIGHT DOME. The sleeper is now assigned to their track inspection transet. As of late summer, the sleeper is still operating in SP Sunset Limited colors.
 #1632892  by Railjunkie

Jeff Smith wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:25 am Yup. And 448 was on time yesterday. Wanted video but they keep platforms locked up tighter than a tick there.
Today was the day to be there I had two MP15s (junk, they would be much better without all the ACSES stuff in them) and the Dover Harbor. Many a photo was taken when I tied her on the rear of 448.
 #1633170  by Railjunkie

CSRR573 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:18 pm
Gilbert B Norman wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:47 am Mr. Junkie, might you know what road Amtrak acquired those MP-15's from?

FAIK, it could have been from "my MILW".
Rebuilt by Conrail in Altoona late 70s
Which came from P&LE I believe, they should be going bye bye. Amtrak has some "new" power at the shop for me to have a love hate relationship with, they look like GP38phlll numbered in the 750 series I think.
 #1633403  by CSRR573

Railjunkie wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:35 am
CSRR573 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:18 pm
Gilbert B Norman wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:47 am Mr. Junkie, might you know what road Amtrak acquired those MP-15's from?

FAIK, it could have been from "my MILW".
Rebuilt by Conrail in Altoona late 70s
Which came from P&LE I believe, they should be going bye bye. Amtrak has some "new" power at the shop for me to have a love hate relationship with, they look like GP38phlll numbered in the 750 series I think.
Im sure we wont see them in Boston, we dont get anything cool. Hows the 406 doing? I was always fond of that thing
 #1633592  by Gilbert B Norman

NBC Local News aired a segment on the rebuilding of the IC (METRA Electric) Rosemoor station. In the background behind the reporter, #58(19) passed.

The very rear car was a Sightseer Lounge. Could have Amtrak decided to assign such car to the CONO's consist?

Or was just a car assigned to 1-2, Sunset, en route to Beech Grove?
 #1633606  by John_Perkowski

From Trains Magazine,

EX ATSF 1391, ordered from Budd before Pearl Harbor and delivered in 1946, is about to be de accessioned by the San Bernardino Railroad Society (the folks who own ATSF3751). She is free to anyone who will actually do the preservation she needs.

Click here to read the story in Trains