Railroad Forums 

• Two to Go...Watch the Move....

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#162053  by Guest

Hey guys and gals....I gotta' go. It was a pleasure talking to most of you over my short time here. I hope I helped a few of you on your journey to RR employment. I know I learned a lot from you guys on a variety of subjects.

This just isn't the place for me. There are some decent folks here, but most of the geeks are a bit too uptight for me. I just have too much going on in my life to be aggravated by 12 year old idiots. (I mean "12 year old" in more than the traditional sense.) I'm talking about the site administration here, not the users. And no, I'm not talking about the mod for this topic, he's doing a pretty good job.

These boards are fairly dead and will continue to be so, as long as the site admin continues to strangle the conversation. People build community by talking to each other, even if it is a bit off topic. People have different opinions about things and they are going to discuss those differences. And yeah, sometimes folks aren't going to like each other. That's life. However, I must say, if you want to talk about brake shoes, Amtrak's profitability or model locomotive paint schemes, these are the boards for you.

Of course, this is just my sense of things, I could be wrong.

If anyone likes, feel free to drop me a private message about NS employment, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Be Well,
-r

#162448  by chrisjz

Sorry to see you go razor. The board is loosing a good asset. By the way, my phase IIII training is going well and almost completed, at this point I can't wait to mark up and make some better money! Hope you are doing well and be safe out there.

One more...thats far enough...

#163118  by CSX Conductor

I agree with you Razor. There are some rare posts that are out of line, but for the most part some of the moderators do go on power-trips...especially you know who on the Amtrak Forum, lol. :P

Another good poster leaves because of the moderators :( , hopefully you'll return.

#163130  by Guest

Well thanks guys! I just wanted to thank all of you who wrote..it was very kind of you.

I'm sorry if I didn't reply I'm just really tired because I picked up a few extra shifts this week. I did short turns on coal trains all week, got in 9 starts. My pay check is gonna' be mondo! Maybe I'll use the money to put gas in the car.

Otto is insulted that I don't like him, so he has turned off my avatar, deleted my posts and he keeps deleteing my sig file.

How about it Otto? Gonna' delete this post too?

I probably just me, I have a low tolerance for bullies.

-r

#163132  by jg greenwood

CSX Conductor wrote:I agree with you Razor. There are some rare posts that are out of line, but for the most part some of the moderators do go on power-trips...especially you know who on the Amtrak Forum, lol. :P

Another good poster leaves because of the moderators :( , hopefully you'll return.
Some occasionally forget what site they moderate! I was admonished for a post on trainorders. His exact words were: "That won't fly on this forum mister"! :-D

#163159  by CSX Conductor

I always thought it was strange that this forums Moderator is someone that from reading on here leads me to believe the following:

1) He is only a teen-ager

2) Does not work on the railroad

With this in mind, especially the latter fact, if it is correct......how can someone with no first hand experience be in charge of a forum regarding being employed by a railroad?!? Just food for thought.

#163210  by thebigc

David Telesha wrote:It's pretty easy to figure out when a topic is beneficial or bad for a forum. This one is going downhill fast...
Well, consider this: how beneficial will it be for the Employment and General RR Operations forums be if the real railroaders are driven away by over-moderation?

#163252  by Guest

CSX Conductor wrote:I always thought it was strange that this forums Moderator is someone that from reading on here leads me to believe the following.....
It's true, David sucked big time a while back, but I think he's made a real effort to treat folks with more respect . I personally think he's been doing a pretty good job.

And remember, he relies on Otto for guidance..and Otto is an asshat.

-r

#163469  by NASHVILLE-NEWBIE

Razor,

I am gonna miss your great post from a true railroader. They have been very helpful to me----so thank you!!!!! I don't know how much longer I will be on here with this over jealous group. I agree that DAVID has been acting great lately----if you read his post the guy actually knows a hell of alot of stuff about the railroad. But I do agree that this particular forum---should be moderated by an old railhead. What about the CSX CONDUCTOR----OR MR. JG GREENWOOD OR----THE BIG C OR-------some other real railroad employee who spends some time on here. I think we could talk David into giving it up---he has several other forums he moderates--------what do you say David?

Razor take care and be safe!!!!

Nashvillie Newbie

#163486  by jg greenwood

NASHVILLE-NEWBIE wrote:Razor,

I am gonna miss your great post from a true railroader. They have been very helpful to me----so thank you!!!!! I don't know how much longer I will be on here with this over jealous group. I agree that DAVID has been acting great lately----if you read his post the guy actually knows a hell of alot of stuff about the railroad. But I do agree that this particular forum---should be moderated by an old railhead. What about the CSX CONDUCTOR----OR MR. JG GREENWOOD OR----THE BIG C OR-------some other real railroad employee who spends some time on here. I think we could talk David into giving it up---he has several other forums he moderates--------what do you say David?

Nashvillie Newbie
I appreciate the vote of confidence Nashville-Newbie. A moderator should be available to access this site on a daily basis. This would require someone with either a yard job, or a position in commuter ops. Unfortunately, I don't fall into either category. :(

#163534  by thebigc

NASHVILLE-NEWBIE wrote:Razor,

Nashvillie Newbie
Likewise, I also appreciate the consideration.

Ya know, I work a yard job for a commuter outfit come to think of it! :-)

#163811  by wmt

Razor,
I'm not sure if you got my pm, so I wanted to post here that I too have appreciated all your helpful advise.
I've also appreciated the truth, before I applied for conductor trainee position I was on here gathering information, it's a big life change to take this job and you and many others here tell it like it is.
You've also given much encouragement, you welcome anyone who seems intelligent and sincere.
They're smart at NS to have you working with a lot of the new trainees.

Thanks and live well,
wmt

#163823  by Guest

wmt wrote:Razor,
I'm not sure if you got my pm, so I wanted to post here that I too have appreciated all your helpful advise.
I've also appreciated the truth, before I applied for conductor trainee position I was on here gathering information, it's a big life change to take this job and you and many others here tell it like it is.
You've also given much encouragement, you welcome anyone who seems intelligent and sincere.
They're smart at NS to have you working with a lot of the new trainees.

Thanks and live well,
wmt
Thanks wmt! I apprecite the kind words. I've changed my mind and decided to stay on, I like the folks on the boards, and I enjoy helping others out. I guess if Otto wants to be a big baby, that's his problem.

I'm thrilled you got hired! Training can be tough, just keep a positve attitude and drop me note if you need any help at all. If I don't know the answer, I'll find out for you.

Enjoy your time in McDonough, phase one is easy and fun. The hotel will suck though.

-r

#163839  by chrisjz

Glad you decided to stay on with us razor, you are a wealth of information to us trainees. Thank you for all of your help...

#164059  by hooked up

I hope you stick around for a long time, razor. I really appreciate the time you put in to help others, and your sincerity. Without you and a few others, this forum would not be worth checking out daily. I would like to echo what one of the other sages wrote earlier, that even if the topic may drift a bit occasionally because we are having some bit of fun with each other, it IS an important part of the way we build "community". I have not seen anything on this forum yet that I thought was too far out-of-line, but I HAVE seen some things squashed way prematurely. If someone tires of following a drifting thread, hey, they don't have to follow it at all. Just my take on it.