Railroad Forums 

• Times to catch NYNJ in Brooklyn

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #727386  by Otto Vondrak

I have off all next week and I'd love to be able to catch the NYNJ in action in the streets of Brooklyn... or anywhere else. Sorry for posting a newbie question if we've asked this before... are there best days/times to catch NYNJ?
 #727854  by FarRock41

Hello. I've usually seen them operate at about 11.00am to 12 noon. They usually have their interchange about 10.30AM with NYA, right?
 #728820  by Otto Vondrak

Where is the engine kept? Where does the crew start their work? I think I need to do more research because I realize I don't know anything about the Brooklyn operation along 1st Ave...
 #728865  by jtunnel

Locomotive is kept in the Bush Terminal engine house (or just outside of it) Crews start and end their days here as well. That would be around 43rd Street and First Avenue.
 #728926  by Otto Vondrak

jtunnel wrote:Locomotive is kept in the Bush Terminal engine house (or just outside of it) Crews start and end their days here as well. That would be around 43rd Street and First Avenue.
Appreciate the info, thank you.
 #732421  by Mr rt

So they're keeping an engine on this side of the Hudson again !
Which float are they using ?
Have they ventured to SBK yet ?
 #736039  by Otto Vondrak

FarRock41 wrote:Otto, did you see any operations over there today?
I never made it out that day, something came up... hope to get out there sometime soon.