Railroad Forums 

• The 322

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#300914  by GP40MC1118

Probably the same place the ex-MEC GP38 went a couple of months ago -
Brookville Mining Equipment in upstate NY...

Dave

#301513  by Jonny Bolt

NOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRGH. MY EYES! They hurt :( :( :(

#301522  by MEC407

That unit is ex-Conrail. Don't worry folks, it's not a B&M original. :wink:

hi

#301528  by thebigham

That unit was at Billerica, correct?

Chris

#301536  by MEC407

Correct. It rotted at Billerica for many years, and was never actually in service on Guilford.

#301574  by mick

The rumor mill has it that they are cleaning out all the junk
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

#301575  by MEC407

Hmmm... interesting rumor. Perhaps a step towards selling the B&M and hanging onto the MEC...

#301646  by Jayjay1213

Moving the main offices to Rigby? I hope people don't mind sharing desks, the building is not that big, nothing in comparison to the offices in Billerica. I don't know how they will fit everyone in there.

#301652  by MEC407

That was my thought too. Maybe the folks who currently inhabit the Rigby office building will be transplanted into the old yard tower. :wink: LOL
 #301935  by Paul B.

If indeed the 322 went to Brookville Mining Equipment Co., please note that it is in Brookville, PA, which is in central PA, nowhere near upstate NY.

hi

#301999  by thebigham

Two engine shave been taken out of Billerica so far.

Wasn't there a 3rd unit in Billerica?

Thanks,

Chris

#302001  by MEC407

Yes, there were two MEC GP38s, and the GP40 322. The "best" of the two GP38s was sold to Brookville, and we know what happened to the 322... so I guess that just leaves the other GP38. I thought somebody said it had been completely scrapped, but I can't remember for sure.

#302432  by GRSGuy

it's still there, saw it today.

#302652  by thebigham

GRSGuy wrote:it's still there, saw it today.
What number is it?

Is it still in MEC orange?

Thanks,

Chris