Railroad Forums 

• Strates Circus Train Status in New York

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1177476  by waldwickrailfan

Yeah, I caught him in Waldwick,NJ around 10PM with 2 NS GEVO's. Found out my "reliable source" diddnt want me to catch it lol, although he did say it would get to Middletown but I thought at first it should take the NJT line. I still caught him anyway, video should be up tomorrow afternoon
 #1177721  by charlie6017

fl9m2004 wrote:Wonder if it's bound for Danbury again
Or was that a once and while movement
And how many cars is the train
Follow the past Strates Carnival threads in this forum
The search feature works incredibly well
You'll be able to indulge in all the past years
There are a lot of cars on the train with people and animals
 #1187291  by sleema97

Strates show is at the Hudson Valley Renegades Stadium. Last day is today May 19th.
Schedule is here:
http://www.strates.com/event_schedule.htm
Showing next stop is going to be in Farmingdale, NY

So if the train is in Port Jervis, what are the next logistical steps to get it to Farmingdale? Do they drive the rides to Port Jervis to pick up the train? Is there a rail line used that is near the Hudson Valley Fair Location? We'd like to see it load and go!
 #1187544  by Jeff Smith

Not sure where they'll park it. Bald Hill is on the north side of 495/LIE so I would figure somewhere along the Port Jeff Branch. It's pretty far from the Ronkonkama Branch yard, and I'm not sure what type of capacity there'd be for loading/offloading out around Holtsville. The fair is actually not too far from where I work.

Try asking in LIRR as well.
 #1187548  by Jeff Smith

As for routing, I'd say they'd head north to cross the Hudson, and then come down the Hudson line to the Oak Point Link, where they'd have to reverse to cross the Hell Gate bridge. Or if that's not possible (the hiccup I would think would be the reverse onto the Island) they'd have to head way over to Springfield to come down to New Haven. And there is a lot of damage on the NH line right now at Bridgeport from a derailment. The Housy long ago stopped carrying them because of their own inept maintenance otherwise they could come down the Danbury Branch.
 #1187778  by cnyrailfan

Train is parked in Port Jervis and will not be moving until the Orange County Fair in Middletown, NY is over on July 28th. Once loaded, it will go to Hamburg, NY for the Erie County Fair. All of the equipment that is needed for the Hudson Valley Fair, Brookhaven Fair, North Brunswick Youth Sports Festival, and Palisades Center Fair is trucked from location to location.
 #1261791  by terminalfanatic

For those who would follow the James E. Strates carnival train using the GPS locator attached to the Orlando, Florida coach. It seems the site is no longer available anymore. On the plus side they did update the site with a lot of new features but the GPS page can't be found anywhere.
 #1261880  by BR&P

poppyl wrote:BTW, they lost the midway contract for the NYS State Fair.

Poppyl
WOW!!! They've had that forever!

I'm guessing the train is on borrowed time. I hope I'm wrong.
 #1261913  by lvrr325

Why would the train be on borrowed time because they lost one show? It's not the only show they do.