Railroad Forums 

• Stone Train 2007

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #365715  by NorfolkSouthernFan

Its almost that time of year again, any word on when the Stone Trains will start running again?

#365736  by Rockin' Roller

When it stays above freezing. The trains have been freezing up even in Georgia.
 #366101  by SwingMan

I just came up with the thought of 271,270, and 261 ( All in the new colors) pulling the stone train.lirr415 P.S. Is 261 now in line for repainting yet? :-D

#366180  by Scrap em Again

Nope. Last I heard it is supposed to be 1 engine repainted per year. We filled 07's quota already, but anything is possible. I spoke to "el presidente' and hinted to him to paint the 268 first. That is a really ratty looking engine. He said he will consider that one next, when?, anybodys guess!

#367017  by mainline

It also depends on which one breaks down first. The 261 would have been my first choice. Tired of the tint of degreaser yellow on the sides. Scrap the 155 sounded nice with the new injectors today.

#367226  by Scrap em Again

Yeah, it definitely sounded better. It also has new blowers installed, that would change the sound of the engine a bit. Did pretty well on the "shakedown" run. Hopefully now, the 155 will not spit oil on us all.

#369739  by phantom

Stone Trains? LIRR will be sending out about 20 ballast cars on Tuesday for loading. P&W will be coming in Light Monday night and leaving with the LIRR empties. P&W scheduled to return Thursday with the loads. This should mark the official beginning of "stone season!"

#370643  by the missing link

p&w went through oak point last night, heard them over the radio. didn't see what they were hauling, i was working in hunts point market.
raw cold, our lanterns blew off the engine!

#371785  by phantom

No P&W tonight. Apparently the quarry track is OOS for some reason or another

#378912  by grumpyoldman

Anything new on "stone" season?

John

#380193  by DogBert

P&W came and went last night/this morning I believe.

#392544  by John 61

Is the season upon us yet ????

#393747  by DogBert

I haven't paid much attention but yeah, I'd say it is. I believe there have been a few in april... not sure if that was all for the lirr or not...

#393775  by tushykushy

Passing by Hix on a eastbound KO train around 1ish today, mustive been the RS-60 laid up near the team track with JTSX hoppers in consist with a bunch of other stuff. Haven't heard or seen any Prima hauls yet this year.
 #393776  by SwingMan

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It could be running without anyone knowing!!! Everyone, start watching carefully!!! :-D lirr415