Railroad Forums 

• Stagnation on the NYA Forum?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#110576  by SeldenJrFireman

Here's a few more Jay:

"9373 went down the bushwick branch and didn't come back, what happened"

"9373 is sitting on cement blocks with no wheels at pilgrim-will it be on the stone train tomorrow?"

"There was a lot of black smoke coming out of 270, is that good?"

#110667  by tushykushy

If those SW1200's were to go up in smoke like the 201 did, I hope it happens in Wyndanch again so I can be there to witness it... LOL.

#110710  by Paul

I can't help any about the forum stagnation with postings about NY&A, but if your that bored, ( and only if you ask nice) I could tell you about my little adventure nursing a U.P. GE AC44 with an open TM that was second unit of a three unit consist that stalled on a 2.23% ascending grade with a train rated at 1.7 hp/ton all the way from CP Canyon to Cajon Summit at 3 in the morning.
Would that help?

#110732  by Jayjay1213

I am all about hearing it Paul.

#110756  by Knife-Switch

Better give Jayjay some of these out before you start...

In the mean time here's a little summin summin told hold him over....

#110763  by Jayjay1213

Ohhhh, a C40-8W in the non-Quality scheme. Wow, that was great, I think I need a nap now.

:)

#111034  by mutz155

WELL WELL WELL. I SEE EVERYBODY IS HAVING A GRAND OLE TIME AND I JUST LOVE STIRRING THAT OLE' GREEN POT! MY SUSPICIONS ARE CORRECT IN THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE BORED WITH THE SAME BROTH WITH NO SEASONING (FOR YOU CHEFS) OR THE BLACK AND WHITE TV SHOWS (FOR YOU COUCH AND SPUDLESS POTATOES). BE ADVISED TO ALL THOSE WHO LIKE THE THE SAME OLE' SAME OLE' ...WELL BORING IS OKAY BUT I WAS THERE BEFORE THE NYA, DURING THE NYA AND WILL BE HERE AFTER THE NYA. I STILL KNOW WHAT GOES ON THERE AND WILL CONTINUE TO SPEAK ABOUT IT UNTIL THE FINAL 'T' IS CROSSED AND THE 'I' DOTTED. P.S. JAYJAY WE ARE GLAD THAT YOU ARE IN ONE PIECE AND THE BEST MOVE THAT WAS EVER MADE WAS KRABS AND COMPANY NOT BRINGING ME BACK. CIRCLES ARE A GOOD THING!

#121863  by Mr rt

How about some input on the new building at the Y at Fresh Pond ?
Are they using it for anything ?

#123134  by badneighbor

it is stagnant... 25 hours with no messages...

#123285  by DogBert

Mr rt wrote:How about some input on the new building at the Y at Fresh Pond ?
Are they using it for anything ?
most expensive junk yard! :-D

#146767  by badneighbor

nothing sunday to wednesday... is everyone ok?

#146772  by DogBert

someone turn off the heat.

hey, a friend of mine was wondering, ny&a going to be hiring again anytime soon?

I might send over a resume too just for the giggles of it. a change in career might be nice...

#146895  by pgengler

I might spend part of Saturday in the vicinity of Mineola ... maybe I'll have some stuff to post about after that.

#156037  by Knife-Switch

Is it true NYAR has expanded into Air-Freight???

#156121  by DogBert

just like Pan Am, I mean guilford, I mean springfield terminal...

hey, with that dead line of engines, are guilford and nya all that different?