Railroad Forums 

• Stagnation on the NYA Forum?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#156226  by mainline

yesterday in the morning they had 5 engines at Pine Aire because RS 80 derailed. Did the RS 30 hang out at Fresh Pond because of new road power?

#156443  by tushykushy

The RS-30 made it out to BH yesterday.

I thought it was weird the RS80 had 3 engines Tuesday night. Let me guess... 155 was the one that derailed...

#156689  by phantom

Two m/t boxes jack-knifed shoving back into Pine-Aire after 261 started "acting" up again! Everything else stayed on the rails.

#186590  by badneighbor

anyone home?

#186672  by Legio X

Stagnation is back, it seems.....I know NYA is still operating. I saw a W/B passing the Hicksville Yard as I drove underneath the Charlotte Ave. trestle. I did'nt see the power, though, just the last third or so of the consist: boxcars, gondolas and empty centerbeam flatcars. I don't know if this train came from the Main Line or the Port Jefferson Branch.

#188743  by mutz155

THE LATIN YOU USE IS AS TEDIOUS AND OUTDATED AS THE RAIL COMPANY YOU OBSERVE. AND YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM. BEWARE THE BARARIANS ARE AT THE GATES AND THE JIG IS UP.

#244384  by b&p rupture

No new posts in 8 days, any takers on as to why? Just posting to see if the system's OK or down.

#244410  by Sir Ray

Nothing too exciting out there, or nobody 'in the know' with interesting tid-bits or insider info? Not being snarky, just guessing - I've noticed slowdowns here and there also.
And right after we finally get a stable railroad.net server :P
How about the Yahoo groups (I forgot which ones - bookmarked at home) - are they going strong, or are they in the doldrums too?
 #244490  by Ocala Mike

I think some are posting over at LIRR.com; there's a NYA thread there.

#244847  by BMT

Well, I can report that out on the western-edge of da Bay Ridge in the vicinity of Flatbush Avenue the ROW can be clearly viewed thanks to the construction of the forthcoming Target mall. Seems the construction crews are working in such a way as to not foul-up NYA moves down the line. But, there are one or two construction cranes down in the ROW.

#246820  by UPWINGS100

Why things have slowed down here? I'm still living upstate here for a few more weeks but the way I see it the answer is quite simple..."No Stone Train".Its that time of year and nothing to look at. Whats spring and summer w/out any stone cars to look at? Thats why things are so slow here...

David

PS anyone know if DiCarlo Foods in Medford has started taken cars or are they still working on the siding? There something new to talk about....

* Stay patient at a crossing longer then 5 secs and you may live!!!!*

#246987  by Sir Ray

UPWINGS100 wrote:Why things have slowed down here? I'm still living upstate here for a few more weeks but the way I see it the answer is quite simple..."No Stone Train".Its that time of year and nothing to look at. Whats spring and summer w/out any stone cars to look at? Thats why things are so slow here...

David
Checking out the NY&A forum on the other board (LIRR.com), it looked as it that forum wasn't exactly burning through the bandwidth either (although it wasn't quite as quiet as this forum is now).
Maybe we've all become way too mellow....

#261769  by The Workers

Stagnation? Maybe everyone suddenly realized that there's more to life than watching the same 30 year old engines & boxcars go back and forth across Long Island. No, probably not.
Maybe they've discovered girls? Not likely.
Ran out of film? Could be.
Broken PC? Possibly.

Whatever the reason, I'm sure someome will update us sooner or later on what amazing trains are rolling out there!

A 40 car mixed freight! OMG!
The stone train! Holy cow!
The 270 long hood out! Whoa baby!

#261797  by Scrap em Again

Yeah its true!! :wink:
Hows it going 80?? LOL