The LIRR station building was always at ground level. It housed the general offices for the five trolley lines that the LIRR owned. The platforms were on a temporary elevated structure built in 1939 with the assumption that the NYCTA would one day take over the operation.
When the City purchased the branch, the LIRR no longer needed the land that once contained the old Far Rockaway team yard, Railroad Express and the site of the old Rock Interlocking. They sold the property, which was quite valuable in 1955. The original station was knocked down shortly after.
The LIRR constructed a new station at Nameoke Avenue and the TA constructed a station several years later across the street from the original one on Mott Avenue. The new LIRR station was originally built on a belgium block embankment, as the street was depressed with a bridge going over it. The street was raised and the embankment removed after decades of flooding.
The old yard and station is now the site of a shopping center. The old Rock tower stood immediately railroad north of the present LIRR station.
The Long Island Tool
"... overzealously discharges his duties;
...a "tool" of the administration"