Railroad Forums 

• Question for CSX Personnel or Viewers

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

#130766  by Engineer James

Has anyone yet seen a CSX Spreader, like the one from Overland Models that they make?? Because appearently there was one that i saw in the Wayne, Michigan Yard coupled to a new paint jobed GP38-2 or GP40. Also there was a crowding of track working machines there in the yard. the yrad is on the Toledo Subdivision of the CSX. Any info would be appreciated.

#131440  by Jay Potter

CSXT does operate Jordan spreaders. It had 11 about ten years ago; and I don't know how many--if any--have been taken out of service since then. Not being a model railroader, I don't know how similar they are to any models that are being produced.

#131872  by Engineer James

Well, sorry to you, but, there was one. Maybe it did not get rid of all of them?? I do not know, but from front, side and rear views as well as close-up it looked very much like an old spreader. Possibily Conrail, since it was labeled under "CR #2134"

hard to say. :-)

#132022  by Jay Potter

Engineer James, I think that you misunderstood my reply to your inquiry. I said that CSXT still "does operate Jordan spreaders", not that it might have gotten rid of all of them.