• Question for CSX Personnel or Viewers

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by Engineer James

Has anyone yet seen a CSX Spreader, like the one from Overland Models that they make?? Because appearently there was one that i saw in the Wayne, Michigan Yard coupled to a new paint jobed GP38-2 or GP40. Also there was a crowding of track working machines there in the yard. the yrad is on the Toledo Subdivision of the CSX. Any info would be appreciated.

by Jay Potter

CSXT does operate Jordan spreaders. It had 11 about ten years ago; and I don't know how many--if any--have been taken out of service since then. Not being a model railroader, I don't know how similar they are to any models that are being produced.

by Engineer James

Well, sorry to you, but, there was one. Maybe it did not get rid of all of them?? I do not know, but from front, side and rear views as well as close-up it looked very much like an old spreader. Possibily Conrail, since it was labeled under "CR #2134"

hard to say. :-)

by Jay Potter

Engineer James, I think that you misunderstood my reply to your inquiry. I said that CSXT still "does operate Jordan spreaders", not that it might have gotten rid of all of them.