Railroad Forums 

• Seeking images - Glassboro - Bridgeton Secondary

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#664849  by JJMDiMunno

Hey guys,
I'm seeking images from anyone who may have them, of late-era (1960's+) PRSL trains, or early Conrail era trains on the Bridgeton Branch serving Owens Illinois in Glassboro. If anyone has any images on file, they would be much appreciated. For my personal reference only, so they won't be used for any commerical purpose...

Feel free to send me a private message or email if you'd rather not post them publically for any reason...

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Mike DiMunno
 #665316  by mitch kennedy

Mike-I may have a picture of CR-era WY379 pulling out of the southward TRAILING switch around Dec 76-Jan 77. This was where gon's loaded with scrap metal closure "blanks" would be pulled. At this point, the scrap traffic was all that remained, even tho both tracks and diamond were intact (as of 76-77). I will email it to you as an attachment as a private message.. should have it in the next few days.
 #665324  by JJMDiMunno

mitch kennedy wrote:Mike-I may have a picture of CR-era WY379 pulling out of the southward TRAILING switch around Dec 76-Jan 77. This was where gon's loaded with scrap metal closure "blanks" would be pulled. At this point, the scrap traffic was all that remained, even tho both tracks and diamond were intact (as of 76-77). I will email it to you as an attachment as a private message.. should have it in the next few days.
Thanks Mitch! I'll be looking forward to it.

Mike DiMunno
 #666450  by georgehyland

A friend of mine moved to Elmer back in 1984, and he lived along the tracks that ran through town. I think they were torn up shortly after he moved there, but he said that trains would pass once in a while. If i remember correctly - he told me that they were only CR blue locomotives, no rolling stock. Mike - is this the line you are talking about?
 #666525  by JJMDiMunno

georgehyland wrote:A friend of mine moved to Elmer back in 1984, and he lived along the tracks that ran through town. I think they were torn up shortly after he moved there, but he said that trains would pass once in a while. If i remember correctly - he told me that they were only CR blue locomotives, no rolling stock. Mike - is this the line you are talking about?
Yup, that's the same line...except that the industry in question is/was in Glassboro, north of Elmer.

CR abandoned the Bridgeton Branch south of Aura shortly after the 1976 merger, in favor of the CNJ route to Bridgeton from Glassboro (PRSL) via Vineland (CNJ).

Mike DiMunno
ii