Railroad Forums 

• Trains June 2008 Magazine

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#519329  by bwparker1

In the June 2008 Issue of Trains (next issue, May just arrived in my mail today), the following PA items will be featured:

1) Keystone Short Lines: Pennsylvania has more short lines than any state. Find out way as Roy Blanchard leads u on a tour.

2) Reading & Northern's Success Story: In the heart of anthracite coal country, this 25-year-old regional found a niche and prosperity.

I'll be watching my mailbox!

BWP

#521150  by uhaul

Thank you for the news bwparker1. I'll be going to the local magazine stand.

#531150  by bwparker1

Well, I got my copy yesterday, and it is pretty much a must for anyone interested in PA shortlines. There is a great feature on the RBMN too.

BWP

#532788  by BadAddetude

HEy, for you guys that read Trains, do you happen to remember which issue featured Pennsylvania #120? I heard there was an exclusive on PV cars and that one was included. Any info appreciated.

#533904  by tellu_whut

If I had any complaint about the shortline article is that it was TOO SHORT! :wink: Actually, counting the development of 51 shortlines for even a long article would be a great challenge.

I like the coverage PA is getting in Trains these days.

#537281  by thebigham

Yes, great article!

They forgot the Mt Union Connecting RR in Mt. Union.

The map has an error. The old PRR/PS&N branch to Farmer's Valley has the line leaving the mainline at Smethport. It should be Eldred.