• Trains June 2008 Magazine

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by bwparker1

In the June 2008 Issue of Trains (next issue, May just arrived in my mail today), the following PA items will be featured:

1) Keystone Short Lines: Pennsylvania has more short lines than any state. Find out way as Roy Blanchard leads u on a tour.

2) Reading & Northern's Success Story: In the heart of anthracite coal country, this 25-year-old regional found a niche and prosperity.

I'll be watching my mailbox!

BWP

by uhaul

Thank you for the news bwparker1. I'll be going to the local magazine stand.

by bwparker1

Well, I got my copy yesterday, and it is pretty much a must for anyone interested in PA shortlines. There is a great feature on the RBMN too.

BWP

by BadAddetude

HEy, for you guys that read Trains, do you happen to remember which issue featured Pennsylvania #120? I heard there was an exclusive on PV cars and that one was included. Any info appreciated.

by tellu_whut

If I had any complaint about the shortline article is that it was TOO SHORT! :wink: Actually, counting the development of 51 shortlines for even a long article would be a great challenge.

I like the coverage PA is getting in Trains these days.

by thebigham

Yes, great article!

They forgot the Mt Union Connecting RR in Mt. Union.

The map has an error. The old PRR/PS&N branch to Farmer's Valley has the line leaving the mainline at Smethport. It should be Eldred.