• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by b&p rupture

:D Just :) posting :( to get :P rid :wink: of the :D "no :) message :( for this :P post" :wink: screen :wink:

Resume normal operations.

by Mr Met

Let's get back on topic

by DogBert

surely...

CP left around 4:30 as per usual, 2 SDs, 20 cars, 4 of which were LIRR M1s heading to scrap.

CSX followed it's early morning routine with 4 SDs, inbound at 8am, outbound at 10, 10:30ish...

They stopped along the bridge on saturday, again by the main span, after a little horn blowing. Someone has been working up there for a few months already... not sure on what or why though.

by b&p rupture

Mr Met wrote:Let's get back on topic

by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound at 4:20p. two engines coupled to a L.I.R.R. engine and about twenty five cars to Oak Point .

by Legio X

CSX came over Hell Gate this morning at 0900 with a GE leading two SD40-2's. Pretty long train, and it was moving pretty well, not the usual snail's pace.

by DogBert

I got a few photos of the P&W train yesterday, and it too was moving a bit faster than usual. I'd say around 20-25mph... most times they all seem to go at more like 10mph at most...

by WIN Tower

i saw the CSX train while in Astoria this morning , four engines and about one hundred and five cars south to Fremont at 8:30a. interestingly , there were about fifteen piggyback flat cars in the consist .

by DogBert

Haven't seen anything today over the bridge this morning. No CSX or P&W unless they went round trip very early in the morning (?).

Csx had about 85 cars inbound yesterday, perhaps a half dozen outbound...

Cp just left with 3 engines and perhaps 25-30 cars

by DogBert

Csx - inbound, 1 car, return had about 40. 2 B36's for power.

by WIN Tower

i saw the CSX train crossing over Hellgate at 8:50a. this morning , two engines and only thirty cars to Fremont .

by WIN Tower

the CSX train crossed over the L.I.R.R. mainline southbound at 9:25a. with four engines and about ninety cars for Fremont . it returned northbound with a train at 1:25p.

by WIN Tower

at 2:50p. i heard a train crossing northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. due to foliage all i saw was about ten old/faded yellow hoppers , i could not see what was pulling the train . does anybody know what this train was for or what pulled it ?

by DogBert

CSX, I believe. Roughly 90 cars in the train. 4 SD's up front, 3 in csx dark future paint. (unless I missed something else when out for a few minutes... the last cars on the csx train were CDEX hoppers loaded with whatever garbage is stuffed in them...)

by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the L.I.R.R. mainline northbound at 4:15p. with two engines and about ten cars , two of which were flats with M-1's aboard .