Railroad Forums 

• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1621221  by AMK0123

Happen to be in Mount Vernon last week and went by the Metro North, Fleetwood yard. I know CSX used to service ACE Endico but the siding looks very over grown and looks like it hasn't been used for quite some time. Was wondering if anyone knew if CSX was still servicing them anymore... Also, was wondering who the CSX local out of Oak Point was servicing. I know there is only one customer on the upper Hudson Line that the road freight services, but other than that is there any customers other than Hunts point markets, Waste management and the NYA transfer....
 #1621859  by expbusop

For the past two days have seen a freight stretched out on Oak Pt Link from Lincoln Av to High Bridge yard at approximately 6:25-6:35 am. No motors visible head end at crossing. What might be the reason that it is split like that and where might the motors be. Also isn’t this a little late for it to be at this location it’s even still there when I come back uptown across the Willis around 7:35.
 #1640856  by Dogbert666

Sounds like another round of improvements is coming to the fremont...

https://www.dot.ny.gov/news/repository/ ... ements.pdf

"$5.528 million to CSX to help mitigate congestion and increase capacity along the Fremont
Industrial track. This project will enhance rail capacity, alleviate congestion related delays and
optimize freight operations between Oak Point and Fresh Pond Yards."

I wonder what this will entail? Extending the woodside siding / reinstalling the double track all the way down to fremont/oak point?