• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by WIN Tower

due to foliage i missed the engines but i believe the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound at 4:50p . i saw twenty cars , there may have been more , of them two were flats with M-1's aboard bringing up the rear was L.I.R.R. locomotive 519 .

by WIN Tower

i saw the last twenty cars of what i believe was the C.P. train to Oak Point , northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. at 4:50p .

by WIN Tower

the CSX train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound at 10:35a . four engines pulling about sixteen cars all loaded with trash .

by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound at 4:50p . two engines and about twentysix cars .

by WIN Tower

anybody know what the C.P. train brought in this morning ? through the fog , mist , and humidity it was hard to see . it crossed over the L.I.R.R. mainline at 5:30a. a long train by the sound of it and i believe it consisted of mostly lumber and tank cars .

by WIN Tower

on saturday i noticed the CSX train crossing over the L.I.R.R. northbound to Oak Point at 3:35p. two engines and about forty cars . at 8:25a. this morning it came in with four engines and a long train , returning to Oak Point at 10:45a. with only one car in tow .

by WIN Tower

i was near 69st. and Broadway this morning when i noticed the CSX train crossing over the BQE , a short train with about twenty one cars to Fremont . two locomotives pulled the train and interestingly one was in Conrail paint #8851 , the other in CSX paint #8850 . at 10:45a. they crossed over the L.I.R.R. mainline northbound to Oak Point with a train .

by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. nortbound at 6:15p. two engines with about seventeen cars .

by DogBert

Holy late running P&W batman. Just left over hell gate northbound with the empties - close to 8pm. They came in last night light, I believe, around 10:30... usually they run out of town first thing...

by DogBert

CSX just left town with 2 sd's, 2 boxcars, and trailing that, at least 20-30 gons or some other type of low car. Was there anything special about this move? I can't say I've seen that many gons all connected in one csx run over the bridge before. The 2 boxcars were csx and might have been spacers...

by DogBert

...No CP train today?

Weird.

by DogBert

And another cut of around 20 either flat cars or gons in today's csx train - is this for LIRR trackwork, or something else?

by WIN Tower

at 5:10p. i saw the last sixteen cars of what i believe was the C.P. train northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. the last two cars were flats with M-1's aboard .

by WIN Tower

i noticed the CSX train crossing Hellgate at 7:55a. this morning , three engines and seventy one cars to Fremont .

by DogBert

you sure that was csx? I vaguely recall them coming back around 10 wiht 2 units, an SD and a B36.

CP left around 6:30 today and I'm pretty sure it had 3 Sd's. didn't get a good look at it though. 3 Sds not after a holiday is a rare sight...