Railroad Forums 

• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#43966  by b&p rupture

:D Just :) posting :( to get :P rid :wink: of the :D "no :) message :( for this :P post" :wink: screen :wink:

Resume normal operations.

#44004  by Mr Met

Let's get back on topic

#46190  by DogBert

surely...

CP left around 4:30 as per usual, 2 SDs, 20 cars, 4 of which were LIRR M1s heading to scrap.

CSX followed it's early morning routine with 4 SDs, inbound at 8am, outbound at 10, 10:30ish...

They stopped along the bridge on saturday, again by the main span, after a little horn blowing. Someone has been working up there for a few months already... not sure on what or why though.

#46290  by b&p rupture

Mr Met wrote:Let's get back on topic

#46985  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound at 4:20p. two engines coupled to a L.I.R.R. engine and about twenty five cars to Oak Point .

#47023  by Legio X

CSX came over Hell Gate this morning at 0900 with a GE leading two SD40-2's. Pretty long train, and it was moving pretty well, not the usual snail's pace.

#47205  by DogBert

I got a few photos of the P&W train yesterday, and it too was moving a bit faster than usual. I'd say around 20-25mph... most times they all seem to go at more like 10mph at most...

#48213  by WIN Tower

i saw the CSX train while in Astoria this morning , four engines and about one hundred and five cars south to Fremont at 8:30a. interestingly , there were about fifteen piggyback flat cars in the consist .

#51105  by DogBert

Haven't seen anything today over the bridge this morning. No CSX or P&W unless they went round trip very early in the morning (?).

Csx had about 85 cars inbound yesterday, perhaps a half dozen outbound...

Cp just left with 3 engines and perhaps 25-30 cars

#51335  by DogBert

Csx - inbound, 1 car, return had about 40. 2 B36's for power.

#52407  by WIN Tower

i saw the CSX train crossing over Hellgate at 8:50a. this morning , two engines and only thirty cars to Fremont .

#52656  by WIN Tower

the CSX train crossed over the L.I.R.R. mainline southbound at 9:25a. with four engines and about ninety cars for Fremont . it returned northbound with a train at 1:25p.

#52660  by WIN Tower

at 2:50p. i heard a train crossing northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. due to foliage all i saw was about ten old/faded yellow hoppers , i could not see what was pulling the train . does anybody know what this train was for or what pulled it ?

#52764  by DogBert

CSX, I believe. Roughly 90 cars in the train. 4 SD's up front, 3 in csx dark future paint. (unless I missed something else when out for a few minutes... the last cars on the csx train were CDEX hoppers loaded with whatever garbage is stuffed in them...)

#52971  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the L.I.R.R. mainline northbound at 4:15p. with two engines and about ten cars , two of which were flats with M-1's aboard .