• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by DogBert

that was definitely CSX at 9ish this morning... no idea about anything that ran in the early morning hours. Removal of work cars i suppose...

CP left town around 6:20ish though, with 2 SDs up front, a fairly long train by there standards (20, 30 cars?) and 2 more SD's on the back of the train. that train definitely ranks high on the bizarro files thus far this year... too bad the weather sucks outside, it would have made for a good photo...

by WIN Tower

at 6:15p. i heard more than saw a train northbound , but due to a gust of wind i caught a glimpse of C.P. engines on the rear of the train . b/p rupture were you at the derailment ?

by b&p rupture

No, I wasn't anywhere near the derailment site.

by DogBert

CP outbound today, about 10 cars, 4 lirr M1s...

by WIN Tower

i saw the CSX train coming south near the tracks and the BQE . the train was pulled by 8851 in Conrail paint and 8850 in CSX paint , thirty one cars most of which were empty garbage cars .

by DogBert

P&W left this morning with empties. Didn't notice them come in last night so I have no idea if they had any loads inbound...

CP left yesterday with 2 M1's towards the front, and a long string of Soo hoppers at the end - haven't seen those all summer... any idea where they were coming from?

by mainline

Soo Line hoppers were at Prima Asphalt. Wed. caught the RS 60 bringing in 23 Jtsx Hoppers and Two soo Line Hoppers at Prima in Holtsville.

by WIN Tower

at 10:35p. this evening a short train went south towards Fremont , i could only identify an engine because of its headlight , i don't know what the rest of the consist was . if they are the P&W engines does anybody know what time they will go north with the empties in the morning ?

by WIN Tower

i get to answer my own question ... after the CSX train went south to Fremont at 8:00a. the empty stone train came north at 9:00a . P&W units 3903 and 3906 with 40 cars , followed by the returning CSX train with 56 cars at 10:45a.

by WIN Tower

......which was followed by the C.P. train at 4:45p. northbound with 2 engines and about 12 cars . 4 of the cars were flats which had 2 M-1's aboard and 2 M-7's on the other 2 flatcars . all in all , a busy day on the Oak Point / Fremont section of the line .

by WIN Tower

at 9:30a this morning i noticed two CSX engines running backwards and light to Fremont from the 45th ave. bridge . around 11:50a the engines with their train , which had come as far north as the L.I.E bridge , reversed direction and shoved back towards Fremont . the train reappeared crossing over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. at 12:50p. two piggyback flat cars were in the consist . both had four twenty foot open topped containers which were covered with tarps that seemed to be strapped on . anybody know if the empty P&W stone train operated today ?

by DogBert

No empty stone train that I've seen. Only heard CP come in last night.

that CSX train is stalled dead just short of the main span as I type this. They got here around 1:20, going extra slow, and stalled soon thereafter. A rescue engine came out from oak point perhaps a half hour ago, but they're still up there. Originally it was a B36 & Gp40. Engine from oak point is just one B36. Don't know how long the train is but there's a lot of trash loads up front. We'll see if that one extra engine is enough...

-edit- 2.06pm, just started moving towards OP... sounds like that one B36 rescue might be the only working engine...

by DogBert

Since Emfinite & tk are posting' good photos in that other thread...

Just after the 3rd engine arrived, at 21 street.

by WIN Tower

i saw the CSX train approaching Hell Gate at 3:30p. this afternoon . four engines and about 51 cars on their way to Oak Point . there was another move just after 11:00a . this morning , i am not positive but i believe it was also a northbound move as i heard it but did not see it .

by WIN Tower

at 10:15a two light CSX engines crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. south to Fremont .