Railroad Forums 

• Boston Railway Terminal

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#477075  by AM@BRT

CSXConductor & Alex:
I guess I had BETTER get it down to R.I, eh?

#478966  by paulrail

Maybe you could sell it to the Grafton & Upton RR !! :wink: LOL

#489626  by CSX Conductor

Drove by yesterday, wow did Alan and his group clean up. Now, if only that trailer wasn't on the runaround and the dam gate could be left open so we could go down beyond the D Street underpass tonight, LOL. :P

#489824  by NHN503

Push it out of the way! :wink:

#490052  by CSX Conductor

Ian MacMillan wrote:Push it out of the way! :wink:
I'd love to, but they also have a gate across the tracks which doesn't have a regular railroad lock. I don't know why. :(

#490201  by NHN503

CSX Conductor wrote:
Ian MacMillan wrote:Push it out of the way! :wink:
I'd love to, but they also have a gate across the tracks which doesn't have a regular railroad lock. I don't know why. :(
Push the gate too! :-D

#490951  by boatsmate

I went by the old yard yesterday and noticed that the engine has been moved upfuther away from the regular tracks. any idea as to what is going to happen to loco??? what is wrong with it???

Capt Bill

#491004  by CSX Conductor

boatsmate wrote:I went by the old yard yesterday and noticed that the engine has been moved upfuther away from the regular tracks. any idea as to what is going to happen to loco???
That's funny, I was just in Southie an hour ago and thought about driving by to see if Alan had anyone there cleaning up by the office, but jumped right in the Ted Williams. :( He's probably getting ready to load it onto a truck and move it, maybe to Pawtucket. That could explain why the American crane had been moved over from the yard side. :wink:
boatsmate wrote:what is wrong with it??
The tracion motors are shot. I remember when this happened because I owned the B733 at the time and had to switch the place out, as opposed to just dropping the cars anywaher and him moving them. This was back in the winter of 2002/2003, if I remember correctly.
 #492092  by Cosmo

Ok,...I gotta ask. All this talk about moving a locomotive to Pawtucket, ...
are you guys serious, and is there some SERIOUS museum, rr line, or a static display either extant or planned that it miight be part of?
I live in SE CT and Pawtucket is actually closer to me than Boston, so any talk of historic eqipment moving closer to me get's my ears perked! :wink:
Thanks,
Pete

#492406  by CSX Conductor

If they move it to Pawtucket it would be to there current location which is off of the NEC, served by the P&W RR.

I also heard new rumblings last week that the BRT is looking at the old Blaine's Chemical siding on the NEC @ MP 204.2 in Mansfield. Alan? Care to confirm or deny this?

#494501  by boatsmate

CSX COnductor, your wish has come true.... went by the area today (was taking our boat out of the boat show and low and behold the gate was wide open, and the trailer you said was in the way is also gone.

SO go and have fun

Capt Bill

#494592  by CSX Conductor

It's been open during the day often, but not at night when we go down. I doubt we'll get down there tonight as we have to go into Amtrak's Southampton Street Yard to get the Mass Coastal's 1501 and take her back to Middleboro. :wink:
 #689282  by Tracer

Its looks like BRT's big american crane is gone (this was the one sitting in front the BRT office trailers). It was there about 2 weeks ago. The alco and most of the trailers/junk sitting along Cyper st. were still there. I am curious to see if they are going to get the rest of the stuff out of there.
 #691456  by AM@BRT

Sshhhh....
Middleboro
 #692723  by firemedic2932

I thought those bulkheads had structural steel on them, tough to see from the road though. Good luck down there.