Railroad Forums 

• Boston Railway Terminal

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#718360  by Alcoman

How cab some reach Allen. I googled the railroad and came up empty. Does he have an office or a phone number?
John Mech
 #761900  by atsf sp

Just so everyone knows, the ALCO is still there. Drove by today and got some pics. The windows have been broken in the rear. I will post pics once I get them off my camera.
 #762092  by Stephen

Thanks for the pictures. I am surprised the Alco is still there. If its in any sort of usable condition, I would think Alan and the BRT would sell it to someone who would rehab it. If its too far gone, then I am surprised it hasn't been scrapped.

On another note, Alan, I hope things are going well for your group down in RI. Although it was very cool to have a small operation like your's right next to downtown Boston.

- Stephen
 #763056  by Tracer

It looks like someone has been cleaning the yard recently, theres a dumpster full of brush sitting over there.
 #763243  by frrc

[DELETED]
Last edited by frrc on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1046465  by Tracer

Figured id revive an old theard.

Looks like some construction project is going on in the yard behind the alco(its still there). It looks like they have tore up part of the spur that leads to the alco. They have also installed a construction fence on were the spur used to be. Anyone know whats going on over there?
 #1311704  by SeaportMike

To bring back an old thread, the loco was loaded onto a truck and hauled away this past summer, not surprisingly scrapped on site. Wonder where she went?