Railroad Forums 

• CSX Boston Line

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#438419  by calaisbranch

roberttosh wrote:Yup, I believe for now it's going to move over CSXT. Obviously that could change down the road depending upon suppliers. Went and checked out the facility (from public roads of course) on the way to Newport last weekend and can't believe the amount of track that has been built down there to support this operation. The unloading system looks impressive too. Am hearing this facility could be as busy as Motiva's NS served Sewaren, NJ terminal which gets a few trains per week!
From what I heard recently, the new symbol for the eastbound ethanol trains over the B&A is K668. Not sure what the empties will be or if the cars will be tagged on other trains.

#438420  by CSX Conductor

NaDspr wrote:CSX Conductor, you're right, the white ties mark the location of culvert pipes. This was something CSX did down south and now it's made it's way north. A good idea, I think.
The MBCR lines on the South Side of Boston have had them for many years as well. :wink: