Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1606890  by Tanker1497

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:37 am 752 was left at Woodhaven. In addition, there was interference on C&Ds radio channel. While they were finishing up at Woodhaven I overheard somebody say “you can go now” on their frequency which led to a bit of confusion with the crew.

I’m gonna guess the locals are behind this. Many of them carry Baofeng walkie talkies which are capable of transmitting on frequencies that railroads and Air Traffic Control use. It’s why Lakewood EMS encrypted their radio channels.
Saw this a while back if they are using GMRS radio's they don't have there own channel! If they are using other VHF then they still could be on GMRS channels. If the RR is using GMRS then each person needs to be licensed and not that of the RR, and they need to transmit there call signs. They can NOT use Ham to transmit anything!
 #1606893  by Ken W2KB

I searched the FCC database and C&D, LLC has only one license, with two licensed centers of operation, one in Ringoes and the other in Farmingdale, NJ. In the IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional radio service. https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/letter ... chive=null
 #1606894  by Bracdude181

Side note, the Farmingdale antenna hasn’t been put up yet. 105 Academy is the address of Woodys Tavern, so how does that work? Do they mount it on their building? Or is that the general area where they are gonna install it?

I’ve not heard any transmissions that aren’t railroad related on 160.39500 since that post I made. I do know the locals have their own little channels they use for their own purposes but they don’t seem to care what frequency they broadcast on. Hence the noted encryption of Lakewoods EMS frequencies. It was a big problem for a while.
 #1606896  by Ken W2KB

The station class for all units on the license is "MO" which means "mobile". Hence a fixed antenna is not authorized, all radios must be in a vehicle (rail or road) or a handheld.
 #1606906  by Tanker1497

Ken W2KB wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:57 pm The station class for all units on the license is "MO" which means "mobile". Hence a fixed antenna is not authorized, all radios must be in a vehicle (rail or road) or a handheld.
If its a repeater anyone can install a GMRS repeater. (base)