Railroad Forums 

• Maine Northern Railway (ex-MMA lines operated by EMR/NBSR)

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1583240  by CPF66

fromway wrote:The NMR is inline for $12,600,000.00 for improvements to the Presque Isle and Houlton lines and the Mainline from MIllinocket to Scopan if a bill currently in Senate markup is approved. The Irvings should get the big Thank You card ready to send to Angus and Susie.
It needs it, they need a ton of new rail up that way (the recently installed CWR in Island Falls and new 115 stick rail in Oakfield. Just about everywhere north of Sherman is 10 MPH.
 #1587923  by Cowford

Some good news to end out the year: LaJoie Growers in Van Buren recently shipped out a couple of reefer loads of spuds. Must be the first load of fresh potatoes since the early 70s. Here's to the shipper's continued success!
 #1587972  by Cowford

Backhaul to the West Coast. It would be ironic if the prior load was french fries from Idaho to New England - a carrier's dream!

PS Looks like some other posters beat me to the punch by a day or two... a little more info in on the Pan Am thread (Up North string)
 #1588001  by CN9634

Used to load paper into reefer vans backhauling to the Midwest... you just give 'em a rinse (clean out the blood most importantly) and set the unit to a high temp to dry it. Railroads could surely do the same but that would require a more cohesive effort.
 #1591666  by NHV 669

roberttosh wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:21 pm Where do the Eastbound centerbeams loaded with Certainteed product go to in NB? I don't believe they have a direct rail served facility anymore since the McAdam plant closed. Is it transload business I'm assuming? Thanks.

They are now the DC for the Maritimes, these are cars that formerly came via CN.