Railroad Forums 

• Green Line Extension Lechmere to Medford

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1582778  by CRail

TurningOfTheWheel wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:00 pm I think they'll keep the BC at Gov't Center, but I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the C back to North Station not long after the Medford branch opens. Doesn't make much sense to me to not start any empty trains at a major commuter rail hub when you have the option.
B and D trains used to turn at Government Center. During the GC reconstruction, trains from Riverside were extended to North Station and Colleges were cut back to Park St. Colleges were kept at Park Street because the loop track there allows for headways to be managed from the inner end of the line, whereas looping Govy the westbound trip starts as soon as the eastbound trip ends.
 #1583119  by rethcir

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/10/21/ ... ect-again/
Boston Globe wrote:Passenger service on the long-awaited Green Line extension project has been delayed . . . again.

Citing slower than anticipated progress in getting an electrical substation fully up and running, MBTA General Manager Steve Poftak said Thursday that the branch adding a single new stop in Somerville’s Union Square — branch one — will now open in March 2022, three months later than its current estimated delivery date.

The other branch consisting of six new stops running between East Cambridge and Medford — branch two — is still tentatively scheduled to open in May 2022, consistent with the five-month delay announced earlier this year.
Last edited by CRail on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Fair use quote added.
 #1583413  by theMainer

Whenever they get service going, they have announced a service plan for the first few months.
Once Union Square opens:
E: Heath Street - Union Square
D: Riverside - North Station

Once Medford Branch testing begins:
E: Heath Street - North Station
D: Riverside - Union Square

Once Medford Branch opens:
E: Heath Street - Medford/Tufts
D: Riverside - Union Square