• Interesting Consist Discussion for the North Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by RenegadeMonster

Possible. I only saw it heading from the North Station Direction into BET as part of a set.
  by GP40MC1118

The 1062 set is assigned to PTC Testing on the Northside. It works nights Sunday through Thursday.
Has been going to the Southside on weekends to test on the Stoughton Branch. It's now an all MDOT
consist by bringing three stored MBB's from Rochester to BET Monday.

D
  by jaymac

The 02-23-2018 400 had 2 bis sandwiching a flat. May have happened before, but a first for me. Power was the 2006.
  by jaymac

Dunno if it was normal rotation or something else, but MassDOT 1056 was power for the 03-05-2018 400.
  by CRail

1129-1627 is running backwards tonight and tomorrow morning. It should be the first train in from Fitchburg tomorrow I'm told.
  by BostonUrbEx

To plow snow and branches in the morning. Train 100's equipment will also have an engine leading.
  by RenegadeMonster

Saw an Outbound Train come through Salem this morning around 7:00am that was also backwards. The next Outbound train which we passed at the south side of the tunnel had a engine on both ends.
  by Mbtagp40mc

According to the rail tracker app, Kawasaki 1715 is operating on train 329 to Lowell. Never thought I’d see the day..
  by RenegadeMonster

Wow, that is interesting. 1512 has also been roaming the north side for almost a week now. The last 15XX we saw only Roamed for less than a day.
Last edited by CRail on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.
  by Mbtagp40mc

I’m assuming it’s because of the damaged cab car from the derailment earlier. It’s on the Lowell line.
Last edited by CRail on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Unnecessary nesting quotes removed.
  by BostonUrbEx

RenegadeMonster wrote:Saw an Outbound Train come through Salem this morning around 7:00am that was also backwards. The next Outbound train which we passed at the south side of the tunnel had a engine on both ends.
If I remember right, standard move would be for Train 100 to turn as Train 153, which would have been the outbound in Salem at about that time, so that makes sense. I don't recall where 101's equipment usually comes from, which should have been the next outbound you saw.
  by RenegadeMonster

Looks like that set is still running backward. Saw it inbound coming out of the Salem Tunnel tonight while 173 was waiting for it to pass.
  by RenegadeMonster

1522 is now on the North Side as well running as the second car in the set behind 1640.

Some kind of inbound extra went through Salem this morning between trains 160 and 192. It was a empty 6 car set I believe that passed through without stopping.