• Interesting Consist Discussion for the North Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by nomis

"Oh, I don't want her, you can have her, She's too fat for me"
- south side
  by Diverging Route

RenegadeMonster wrote:Was just about to post about 1513 as well. I saw it at North Station this morning leading a set on Track 1.

First time I have ever saw a 15XX on the North Side.
Before the Rotems arrived, 1500s were standard on the north side. Even since they there's been a few rogue visits.
  by Mbtagp40mc

You guys can have the 15xx’s up north if you want them. We’ll gladly take the 16xx’s down south. We’ll even give you some Rotems!
  by RenegadeMonster

I'd gladly take more Rotems up here. It seems to me like there are less Rotems up here recently and we have a lot more sets without a double decker.

The 15xx's are on the south side because the 16xx are barred from the NEC right?
  by Backshophoss

So now the 16xx's need a brake valve replacement along with the ACSES/Cab Signal upgrades,this is not a cheap repair,more like an overhaul is NEEDED!
Real SOON!
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Nope...back south per NETransit's Thursday snapshot of coach assignments. Doesn't appear any 15's are roaming north now.
  by Diverging Route

329 tonight was:
010-752-800-flat-flat-1644. So a K and an R plus three flats pulled by The Oh Ten.
  by johnpbarlow

Inbound Fitchburg line train 410 is being pushed by a double header this AM, MassDOT 1062 and HSP. OT departure out of Shirley at 0822.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by RenegadeMonster

There is a 7 car set on 173 tonight.

Did they break down some sets for extra capacity due to the canceled trains on the Newburyport/ Rockport lines? About time if so. 4 times already this week I have landed on a 4 car set with two trains worth of people.